Red Sea Reefer 3XL 900 FOWLR Dream Build - Lots of pics.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new Foxface is eating quite well now.

IMG_1739.JPG
IMG_1721 (2).JPG

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had been dosing RS Coralline Agae Grow. Even though this is a FOWLR tank I do have some mushrooms, xoas, zenias and Nems. Will add more stuff later. I started doseing TM All for Reef. Very simple. Lets see how this goes.

20210817_152201.jpg

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeffcb can't remember, do you have maricultured liverock on this build? Where did he come from?
The rock is from KP Aquatics, It was collected in the Atlantic and shipped in Water. Here is a thread on my shipment.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious Cyanobacteria outbreak here. I had been ramping lights up. That was a big mistake. Goin back to 23K. Doing a Chemicleam treatment. I cant stand this stuff.
@Jeffcb I understand how you feel about the cyano. From my experience once it’s gone it stays gone. One of the reaons I’m starting out barebottom. Makes removing and cleaning up cyanobacteria easier. After a long cycle with several stages I’ll put in a substrate on the bottom. Probably crushed coral since it doesn’t trap as much crud. Have you tried to catch the mantis shrimp?

Mitch.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeffcb I understand how you feel about the cyano. From my experience once it’s gone it stays gone. One of the reaons I’m starting out barebottom. Makes removing and cleaning up cyanobacteria easier. After a long cycle with several stages I’ll put in a substrate on the bottom. Probably crushed coral since it doesn’t trap as much crud. Have you tried to catch the mantis shrimp?

Mitch.
This is actually the second round of Chemiclean. Cut light way down, cut fish feeding back. Off when I am not around. Next week I am going to add more flow. Currently have 2 RS 45s and 1 RS 25. I will rearrange those vertically for back flow and install 2 Neptune WAVs for surface wave and flow. The Mantis is my buddy now. There is also a black one that I have not been able to snap a pic of yet. Fish are doing great! Lost several mushrooms, some say the chemipure will help them from bacteria probs.

Firstreef20

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like them. I didn't waist an AC outlet on the EB832, they are connected with the AquaBus connector.
They are very adjustable with the Apex. I have them set at 16% on feed mode and 85% when on. That seems to be good. I do not see a need for flow meters. Happy so far.
you have the COR 20 only running with the aquabus cable or how did you connect them?

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you have the COR 20 only running with the aquabus cable or how did you connect them?
I used the controllers and just pugged them into a regular power strip. I didn't want to waist outlets on the EB832. Then plug use the aqua bus cable connections on the EB832.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back