Red Sea Reefer 3XL 900 FOWLR Dream Build - Lots of pics.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build it and a tank will come. Water station is done. No leaks !

20201213_133704.jpg
20201213_133503.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cant wait to open boxes. I already have an RSK 300 and the 900 is exactly the same except bigger.

It a BEAST. Its HUGE. The Reefer Skimmer 900 should be perfect for the 3XL900 Beast that otw.

The only other skimmer I have owned was was Sanders. I don't think anyone imports those anymore. Anyways I don't know much about the others available. I just figured I would use the entire Red Sea system.

Red Sea skimmers are really nice with several unique features I like that I don't see on some others.
Has a FoamView™ window in the skimmer neck so you can easily see the bubble formation inside the skimmer neck.
Intergraded neck cleaner that wipes sludge of the collection cup walls. .
Drainage port includes a tube and valve.
Very reliable Sicce PSK pump.
It assembles and disassembles in 3-4 minutes for easy cleaning.

Cant wait for the real Beast to arrive.

skimmer 3.jpg
Skimmer 1.jpg
skimmer 4.jpg

Last edited:

Minicooper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the 3XL 900 club! We used a Sicce 5 to feed the Aqua UV 57W, media reactor, and the Clarisea SK-5000 rollermat. This Red Sea tank is a ton of fun, we've had it running since January 17 and couldn't be more than happy. The ReefLED 90 just isn't cutting it (have 4), and we have a custom floating canopy being built and it's going to house the ReefLED 90's AND 3x Radion XR15 Pro Gen 5's. We took PAR readings a few months back and it just wasn't up to what we expected, therefore a new lighting arrangement in works.
Hi I would like how you connect od mount Clarisea SK 500 to the Red Sea 3XL 900. I have home the same system two weeks and I would like to knou how to connect Clarisea. Thank you a lot
Tomas

Minicooper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the 3XL 900 club! We used a Sicce 5 to feed the Aqua UV 57W, media reactor, and the Clarisea SK-5000 rollermat. This Red Sea tank is a ton of fun, we've had it running since January 17 and couldn't be more than happy. The ReefLED 90 just isn't cutting it (have 4), and we have a custom floating canopy being built and it's going to house the ReefLED 90's AND 3x Radion XR15 Pro Gen 5's. We took PAR readings a few months back and it just wasn't up to what we expected, therefore a new lighting arrangement in works.
Hi, I would like to ask how you mount Clarisea SK 5000 to the Red Sea 3XL 900. I have the same aquarium and I would like to mount Clarisea to the system. Thank you a lot

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I would like to ask how you mount Clarisea SK 5000 to the Red Sea 3XL 900. I have the same aquarium and I would like to mount Clarisea to the system. Thank you a lot
Not sure on The SK 5000. I don't have one and don't even have the tank yet. Hopefully the tank is here early January. I am interested in the SK 5000 and would like to know as well.
How are you happy with the lights RS 90?
I have RS 90s on my Reefer 250 and am very happy. It is a reef tank and has more than enough light. My 900 is going to be FOWLR, Fish only with live rock. Will have some soft coral and anemones but mostly concentrating on fish. If it was primarily Reef I think I would of gone with the RS 160s. I am very happy with the Red Sea LEDs. ReefBeat is a great control app and I really like it.

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, we had the Clarisea SK-5000 installed for several months, I have pictures in my build thread on how it was done. The motor in the roller mat seized in the fall, so we've been running the tank with the remaining 2 filter cups, skimmer, and chaeto. Not sure if the roller mat is going to go back in once it's fixed. Having problems with nitrates and phosphates right now, they're both too low and trying to see if not harvesting the chaeto would let those levels to show up.

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure on The SK 5000. I don't have one and don't even have the tank yet. Hopefully the tank is here early January. I am interested in the SK 5000 and would like to know as well.

I have RS 90s on my Reefer 250 and am very happy. It is a reef tank and has more than enough light. My 900 is going to be FOWLR, Fish only with live rock. Will have some soft coral and anemones but mostly concentrating on fish. If it was primarily Reef I think I would of gone with the RS 160s. I am very happy with the Red Sea LEDs. ReefBeat is a great control app and I really like it.
We installed the SK-5000 in the 900.

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are going to switch later and add corals, I would suggest trading in the unopened Reef 90s and get the Reef 160s. Better output for the larger tanks.

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you ordered the tank direct from RedSea? Either way...did the delivery company unload it from the truck and place it in your garage? I thought the standard was "curb side" which could mean they unload it from the truck and park it on a driveway as close to the truck as possible.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming you ordered the tank direct from RedSea? Either way...did the delivery company unload it from the truck and place it in your garage? I thought the standard was "curb side" which could mean they unload it from the truck and park it on a driveway as close to the truck as possible.
Yes it was drop shipped for the dealer directly from Red Sea Houston. Central Freight was really cool about it. Fist of all it was raining but I just asked and he said no problem. It might of helped that the drivers assistant has had a reef tanks.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back