Red Sea Reefer 3XL 900 FOWLR Dream Build - Lots of pics.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one just showed up at the front door. I'm going crabbing for big brother. Wish me luck! :D

20210629_155810.jpg

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. Its 27.5 to the light mount. If your not using light mounts that's not the number. It 28 3/8s inch from inside glass to overflow box. The over flow box is 5 inches front to back.
exactly what I needed! And thank you!!!

210 Reef Tank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I dove off the deep end today and ordered a Red Sea Reefer XL3 900. Supposedly it is bobbing about on the ocean some were on its way here. Expected delivery should be in early January. Plenty of time to get to work building my mixing station.

I came home with a little box of stuff but I had to order most everything. My LFS matched the big boys pricing so I feel good about giving Local Business the order. They are even going to assemble stand and deliver it to my home. It may be drop shipped here but either way includes assembly.

Main Display 192 gal 79 Inch
Sump 48 gal. 240 Total.

Here is my Equipment build list.
  • 2 Neptune COR 20s returns
  • Apex Controller
  • Tunze3155 ATO
  • JBJ 800 Heater
  • Neptune Display Module
  • Aqua UV 57 watt
  • Sicce 3.0 for UV
  • Kessil A80 tuna for Fuge
  • 4 Red Sea ReefLED 90s
  • 2 Red Sea ReefWave 45 pumps flow
  • 1 Red Sea ReefWave 25 pump flow
  • Red Sea RSK 900 Skimmer
  • AquaMaxx XL Carbon Reactor w/Sicce 1.5
Update on tank. Its in and up.

900 5.jpg

03/09/21
900 2 14.jpg

06/16/21
IMG_0463.JPG
Beautiful tank. Job well done.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This new Naso Tang would not eat since Friday when I got her... Her stomach was starting to sink in. Picks at the rocks all day at least. I tried everything. Garlic sea weed, Mysis she spit out, live Brine Shrimp, all types of food. LFS suggested grape caulerpa from my refugium. Good thang I have a lot. Started just throwing some in there yesterday. She eats it like a little kid eating spaghettis. Rubber banded some to a rock today. Fattening up. :)

IMG_1082.JPG

Last edited:

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This new Naso Tang would not eat since Friday when I got her... Her stomach was starting to sink in. Picks at the rocks all day at least. I tried everything. Garlic sea weed, Mysis she spit out, live Brine Shrimp, all types of food. LFS suggested grape caulerpa from my refugium. Good thang I have a lot. Started just throwing some in there yesterday. She eats it like a little kid eating spaghettis. Rubber banded some to a rock today. Fattening up. :)

IMG_1082.JPG
@Jeffcb so glad she’s eating!! You had what she needed all along.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately I lunched the impeller on my Pan World 100PX-X pump used on my mixing station.
I was scooping salt out of a bucket with my plastic measuring cup and the handle broke off. I tossed the handle and kept on scooping with the cup. I didn't notice that a piece of the plastic had fallen in the water.

The parts to repair it cost more than a new pump. :(

20210711_150755.jpg
20210711_150810.jpg

I now have a spiffy glass measuring cup and will be very aware if any foreign object debris falls in the mixing vat.
Very expensive lesson.

20210711_150732.jpg

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Quick and the Dead. I am quick and he is dead. The pest trap didn't catch anything. I finally netted him at dusk.
With his claws extended he was over 4 inch's wide. That is the forth and largest I have caught. They hitchhiked in on my live rock. Hopefully the last one. I thick he has been eating one of my Zoanthid colony. If I could just catch the Mantis !

IMG_1196.JPG
IMG_1209.JPG

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build it and a tank will come. Water station is done. No leaks !

20201213_133704.jpg
20201213_133503.jpg
Do you have a list of fittings you used on those vats?

Did you reduce from vat 1.25” to 1”? That’s what I planned, but am hesitant because I’m likely to order the wrong sizes! LOL

As for the 65g vats… did you buy them from Tractor Supply? Hehe.

That’s where I bought mine. They were the only ones in the size, available, delivered and okay priced for the time. Same size containers I bought as well.

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a list of fittings you used on those vats?

Did you reduce from vat 1.25” to 1”? That’s what I planned, but am hesitant because I’m likely to order the wrong sizes! LOL

As for the 65g vats… did you buy them from Tractor Supply? Hehe.

That’s where I bought mine. They were the only ones in the size, available, delivered and okay priced for the time. Same size containers I bought as well.
There are lots of them on this form. Look here.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/l...er-mixing-station.270585/page-30#post-9157862

I didn't have a list and did get it wrong on the first order lol. Just draw it out and make a list. They take returns no prob!

I did reduce it to one inch. You will have to get the correct hole saw. BRS states what size you need for the bulk head rubber uniseal bulk head.

The local Tractor Supply had them in stock so I picked them up. Good luck!

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one just showed up at the front door. I'm going crabbing for big brother. Wish me luck! :D

20210629_155810.jpg
@Jeffcb so this trap hasn't caught anything yet? How long did you have it in the tank? Looks like the tube on the right side is for the pests to enter? Then what is the flap door on the left? I've thought of adding a little or just a few small maricultured liverocks to my mix. Trouble is the pests. A trap like this could come in handy. I've also thought of using a strong pressure washer on maricultured liverock to blast the daylights out of the pests but who knows how well they can hang on!

OP
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Jeffcb so this trap hasn't caught anything yet? How long did you have it in the tank? Looks like the tube on the right side is for the pests to enter? Then what is the flap door on the left? I've thought of adding a little or just a few small maricultured liverocks to my mix. Trouble is the pests. A trap like this could come in handy. I've also thought of using a strong pressure washer on maricultured liverock to blast the daylights out of the pests but who knows how well they can hang on!
I tried fresh clams and shrimp. 2-3 days. Nothing

Back