Red Sea Reefer 425 G2 tank build

Chris's reef journey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have been reefing for 10 plus years and have had many tanks along the way. I currently have a 90 gallon reef aquarium that I purchased second hand on offer up in January of 2022. My return pump, protein skimmer, ATO, reef beat wave maker, and reef breeders light are all new everything else is second hand. My reef tank has been running for almost one year now. I have had some bumps along the road however the tank doing well since the addition of the Sentia dosers I added a couple of months ago.

So I recently decided that I was going to purchase the Red Sea Reefer 425 G2 series in white. I purchased this tank along with the reef matt 500 on Monday last week. I am all set to complete the tank swap, just waiting for a ship date now. When I purchased the tank from www.saltwateraqaurium.com the website stated it would take 2-3 business days for a ship date.... well I am now sitting at 9 days now with no ship date. When I called the company they stated that Red Sea had received a large amount of orders and are slightly delayed, and that was it.... needless to say that was a big disappointment. I usually order from Bulk Reef Supply but thought I would give these guys a shot. I must say I have never had any issues with bulk reef supply. So anyways enough of my venting, I plan to provide pictures along the way with a full review on my YouTube channel and R2R with the new tank and equipment I am running since there is not allot of reviews out there on the 425 G2 so stay tuned!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I have been reefing for 10 plus years and have had many tanks along the way. I currently have a 90 gallon reef aquarium that I purchased second hand on offer up in January of 2022. My return pump, protein skimmer, ATO, reef beat wave maker, and reef breeders light are all new everything else is second hand. My reef tank has been running for almost one year now. I have had some bumps along the road however the tank doing well since the addition of the Sentia dosers I added a couple of months ago.

So I recently decided that I was going to purchase the Red Sea Reefer 425 G2 series in white. I purchased this tank along with the reef matt 500 on Monday last week. I am all set to complete the tank swap, just waiting for a ship date now. When I purchased the tank from www.saltwateraqaurium.com the website stated it would take 2-3 business days for a ship date.... well I am now sitting at 9 days now with no ship date. When I called the company they stated that Red Sea had received a large amount of orders and are slightly delayed, and that was it.... needless to say that was a big disappointment. I usually order from Bulk Reef Supply but thought I would give these guys a shot. I must say I have never had any issues with bulk reef supply. So anyways enough of my venting, I plan to provide pictures along the way with a full review on my YouTube channel and R2R with the new tank and equipment I am running since there is not allot of reviews out there on the 425 G2 so stay tuned!
even if you ordered from brs the order would take the same amount of time as youre only purchasing through either website, and red sea has to fulfill them. I ordered my new tank through saltwater aquarium because it was cheaper than IM and BRS. Order it black Friday and it arrives this Friday. it's freight so I'm happy with that timeline.

anyway welcome and best of luck with the new tank! the wait will be worth it.

OP
OP
C

Chris's reef journey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
even if you ordered from brs the order would take the same amount of time as youre only purchasing through either website, and red sea has to fulfill them. I ordered my new tank through saltwater aquarium because it was cheaper than IM and BRS. Order it black Friday and it arrives this Friday. it's freight so I'm happy with that timeline.

anyway welcome and best of luck with the new tank! the wait will be worth it.
I am sure you are excited to receive your new tank! What tank did you order?

TheReefDiary

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure you are excited to receive your new tank! What tank did you order?
I got a 40l by IM. you can check out my build thread. doing custom stand and working on aquascape currently.

Last edited:

tharbin

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! As others have said I also purchase from saltwateraquarium.com fairly often and have always been satisfied. I also usually get it faster from sa than from brs but that depends on where you live to some extent. Good luck with the new tank.

R2R-Welcome3.jpg

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

Welcome! Glad you joined. Given its a Red Sea cause, expect you would have had the same experience with BRS. Give SaltwaterAquarium.com another try - I've been very pleased with everything from them in the past. People have been doing busy sale holiday buying/shopping frenzy, so you just got caught up in the mix of it... you likely could have ordered at a slower time of year when Red Sea didn't have holiday specials going on.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This might help you find people local to you:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

Back