OP
Robinson

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this tank! Well done.

What's your routine maintenance schedule and what do you aim for parameter wise?

Thank you!

Basically 5 gallons water change every week, or if I skip a week, then I do 10 gallons. Running only carbon as part of the filtration. Feed reefroids everyday with frozen food for the fish.
Parameters:
Cal: 420 - 430
Alk: 8.5 - 9.0
Mag: 1300 - 1400
Nitrates 5 - 10
Phosphate .03 to .1

Only Alk is tested constantly with Alkatronic that I just got a few weeks ago. Before that I just tested Alk two times per week, others at least every week.

Im not trying to keep nutrients at the same level all the time, basically I just test once a week for those and adjust the feeding to keep them from rising to high or getting to low. If needed I those nitrates from time to time.

OP
OP
Robinson

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank!! Your Aquatic Life lights look legit!! What kind of bracket setup did you use??? It looks so sleek!!

Thank you! I did a custom bracket with T-Slotted Aluminum Extrusion. There are a few DIY plans around here on reef2reef and because I have access to a machine shop, was able to build according to my own ideas. The top arm full extend back with the Aquaticlife fixture, gives me opportunity to work on the tank if needed.

B4CAAE81-DF07-4140-ADFD-06A9D10F1E21.jpeg
C597571A-8DAD-48A2-8DF3-38A7D0B1C7DD.jpeg

ztorrico

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I did a custom bracket with T-Slotted Aluminum Extrusion. There are a few DIY plans around here on reef2reef and because I have access to a machine shop, was able to build according to my own ideas. The top arm full extend back with the Aquaticlife fixture, gives me opportunity to work on the tank if needed.

B4CAAE81-DF07-4140-ADFD-06A9D10F1E21.jpeg
C597571A-8DAD-48A2-8DF3-38A7D0B1C7DD.jpeg
Awesome!!! Looks so good... Keep it up! Thanks for the info!!

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this Awesome thread documenting your beautiful aquarium. I have a Reefer 350 and I want to add a refugium for my beautiful mandarin to harvest additional pods. I love your idea and plan on utilizing it. Can you please tell me how you made holes in the Tetra Glofish box? I’m also going to use the light you have. Do I just lay it on top of the Glofish tank— if not, how did you secure it. I’m also assuming you run the refugium light on an opposite schedule from your display lights. Can you tell me how long/schedule. Finally, what type of substrate did you use in the refugium). Thanks so much!

OP
OP
Robinson

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for this Awesome thread documenting your beautiful aquarium. I have a Reefer 350 and I want to add a refugium for my beautiful mandarin to harvest additional pods. I love your idea and plan on utilizing it. Can you please tell me how you made holes in the Tetra Glofish box? I’m also going to use the light you have. Do I just lay it on top of the Glofish tank— if not, how did you secure it. I’m also assuming you run the refugium light on an opposite schedule from your display lights. Can you tell me how long/schedule. Finally, what type of substrate did you use in the refugium). Thanks so much!

Hello,

I just use a drill to make the holes, but I did mark first the location of all holes before I did. The LED light was secured to the back wall of the cabinet with a custom bracket, but I think that the light will come with a hanging kit that you can use to attach the light too. Yes, I do run the refugium light at night normally for 12 hrs as soon the main tank lights goes OFF, but if the nutrients are getting lower due to the chaeto grow, I cut the light for 10 hrs. The substrate in the refugium is Miracle Mud, I use this because apart of all minerals that it provides, it also produce a lot of pods and marine life that I have never seen before. Once this is set for a few weeks your going to see some amazing things growing up in your refugium. FYI I do have a mandarin that refuse to eat others foods and he have been in my tank for the last 6+ months only eating pods from my refugium and he is doing great and very active eating pods.
IMG_2137 (1).JPG

\

IMG_2134.JPG

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! We have the same Mandarin Species. I’m going to place an order today for the items. This is so exciting, as I’ve been researching ways to add a small refugium to my system and I did not want to do any excessive mods. I’m okay With diy, but I’m sure I can take it to my LFS once I get it and they will do it for me. They are pretty awesome and we’ve been knowing each other for years! Thanks Again!

OP
OP
Robinson

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much! We have the same Mandarin Species. I’m going to place an order today for the items. This is so exciting, as I’ve been researching ways to add a small refugium to my system and I did not want to do any excessive mods. I’m okay With diy, but I’m sure I can take it to my LFS once I get it and they will do it for me. They are pretty awesome and we’ve been knowing each other for years! Thanks Again!

They recommend the miracle mud by your total tank gallons, but I use a littler less of what they recommend because Im using it more for the benefits of the pods and extra life it provides to the tank. I think that Im using around 10 pounds now and I just replaced 50% of the mud this year. Go to ecosystem aquarium and read about the benefits and how to use the mud. In my opinion it does make some difference to the overall health of my aquarium.

Spanky05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all your montis!

Where do you buy corals from predominantly?

One day when you're bored, put a list of names next to the pictures so I can find out the names of all these montis i need :p
And sell me a monti frag pack ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Robinson

Robinson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love all your montis!

Where do you buy corals from predominantly?

One day when you're bored, put a list of names next to the pictures so I can find out the names of all these montis i need :p
And sell me a monti frag pack ;)

AquaSD, Unique Corals, Jason FOx and some locals FS.
There is another thread of montiporas that I share a lot of pictures with name, hope this help!
If someday I start to ship corals will let you know. :)

Spanky05

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaSD, Unique Corals, Jason FOx and some locals FS.
There is another thread of montiporas that I share a lot of pictures with name, hope this help!
If someday I start to ship corals will let you know. :)

You're a good man!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fantastic aquarium! I am going to try something new today and feature your build on the forum! :) I have to edit your photo for it though so hope you don't mind!

Untitled-3 copy.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Watch out for our new reef of the day feature in the early day email. :)

Screenshot_2020-06-03 Customize Your Email.jpg

Back