Red Sea REEFER 525 DIY MANIFOLD ADVISE

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello

I am upgrading to a Red Sea 525 from my Red Sea 350. I am planning to hard plumb the system and also switching the main stock drain valve to a gate valve. I purchased this system used for a great price but the stock valve has ceased up for some reason so it needs to be replaced regardless and I was told a gate valve was a better way to go instead of the stock drain valve. Now here is my dilemma with this project. I have zero DIY skills and even though I've seen different set ups and ideas online I have no idea how to go about it. So the purpose for this post is to see if theres anyone out there that has hard plumbed a reefer 525 and can share how they did it and guide me as to what size plumbing ill be needing, what type of fittings,valves and where to purchase everything. I would to have the ability to add two AquaMaxx reactors and have a 3rd option to add an algae scrubber in the long run.
thanks in advance. :)

g5flier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, not a plumber myself by any means and I hard plumed my RSR525XL using a the items below. Here is a screen shot of everything I used for the job, all purchased from https://www.pvcfittingsonline.com/ then I went to Lowes for the schedule 80 pipe, cutters and adhesive, etc. I also plumbed in 2 AquaMaxx reactors.

A fellow R2R...Toby Broadfield has a set up that I pretty much copied, look for his RSR425 build thread.

Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 8.09.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 8.14.57 AM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
saltwater newby

saltwater newby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, thanks for sharing. your system came out awesome!! I almost feel like having you build it for me and shipping it to me and ill pay you. LOL!!!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back