Red Sea Reefer 525 XL Build

mta_morrow

Of course I have room for 1 more fish!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also dosing 15ml of NoPox a day. Going to test KH and Calc tomorrow and start dosing that according with Red Sea’s KH Coralline Grow.

Looking good! I’m adding my first fish tomorrow and starting nopox dosing as well. Want to stay ahead of ugly stuff instead of playing catch up!

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice tank, really like your rock scape:)

Thank you! Still not 100% happy with it. I like the two side structures but still messing with what I want to do to connect the two through the middle piece or just leave it normal.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I’m adding my first fish tomorrow and starting nopox dosing as well. Want to stay ahead of ugly stuff instead of playing catch up!

That was exactly my plan with the NoPox, try to get ahead of the uglies. Second tank I used Bio-Spira with quick and great results! Hope your fish additions goes well!

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately had a loss today. I came home to find my cleaner shrimp of 2 years in one of the MP40's. Not sure if he just didn't make it through the transition and ended up in it from the flow or if he accidentally found his way into the power head. Everyone else seems to be doing fine and water tests are still showing excellent results!

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2-5 range
Phos: .05

Hulley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately had a loss today. I came home to find my cleaner shrimp of 2 years in one of the MP40's. Not sure if he just didn't make it through the transition and ended up in it from the flow or if he accidentally found his way into the power head. Everyone else seems to be doing fine and water tests are still showing excellent results!

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 2-5 range
Phos: .05

dang, that sucks. I hate losing something that I've cared for a while.

D_dot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build looks great.... I love Red Sea systems. They alway look so clean.

nanchil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build ... I have the same setup and more or less the same equipment... One question on the skimmer collection cup ... where the tube is flowing though ?
skimmer.JPG

Just_Pete

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly as it may sound... how is the Gorilla PVC glue? Have you used it before in the past? Whats the longevity of it? I'm in the process of putting together a build and I like the fact that its clear. I hate that dark gray / purple PVC glue when it drips.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! How do you like your sand? I started with Caribsea Ocean Direct and not really happy with it (very uneven) :)

Thank you! I really like the special grade. I chose the dry over the live because it was a better deal, plus I had enough live rock from my previous tank to seed everything.

Grain size is perfect, doesn’t blow around with the two MP40’s. It is beige to the naked eye but in the tank under the lights, it looks white.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build ... I have the same setup and more or less the same equipment... One question on the skimmer collection cup ... where the tube is flowing though ?
skimmer.JPG

There is a cap on the end of that tube and it’s to drain the skimmer cup. May have had the cap off in that picture to drain it.

OP
OP
mjlash22

mjlash22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Silly as it may sound... how is the Gorilla PVC glue? Have you used it before in the past? Whats the longevity of it? I'm in the process of putting together a build and I like the fact that its clear. I hate that dark gray / purple PVC glue when it drips.

I had no issues with the gorilla pvc glue. Liked the fact it was an all in one and came clear. I have zero leaks and seems to be holding quite well!

Back