• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Red Sea Reefer 525XL Break Down - Getting Out Of The Hobby

Reefin Aint Easy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do to a career change and traveling for new career, I am getting out of the hobby for now and selling everything. I want to see what you guys think of the pricing below. I won't start selling anything till all livestock and corals are out of the tank. The prices I gathered are based on new pricing and researching and seeing what used is selling/sold for. Everything is a year old or less as you can see. I do appreciate your help!

Red Sea Reefer 525XL Tank & Stand With Custom Bashsea Sump & Plumbing
**Have Boxes And Receipts For About 99% Of The Items Below**

Tank, Stand, Sump & Plumbing With Flow Meter & UV Sterilizer - $ 2000 (Purchased Tank Brand New In December 2020)

• 36x18x16 Custom (Black & Grey) Bashsea Bio Fuge Sump - Selling With Tank, Stand & Plumbing
  • New In Box Red Sea ATO Container - Make Offer
  • Custom ClearView Tsunami Lid - Purchased September 2021 - Selling With Tank, Stand, Sump & Plumbing
  • Upgraded Plumbing (Standard) With Black PVC & Grey Schedule 80 Fittings - Selling With Tank, Stand & Sump
  • Custom Manifold With 2 Spears Gate Valves & Colder Push Loc Fittings - Selling With Tank, Stand, Sump & Plumbing
  • 1” Neptune Systems Flow Meter (In Return Pipe Line)
  • Bubble Magus Curve 7 Elite Protein Skimmer - $300
  • Clarisea SK-5000 Gen 2 Roller Mat - $250
  • Bashsea 4-12 Media Reactor (Red & Black) - $50
  • (2) Ecotech Vortec MP40’s - $750
  • Ecotech Vectra L2 Return Pump - $475
  • (3) Aqua llumination Hydra 32HD LED Lights & (3) HMS Mounting Brackets & 3D Printed Light Shades - $1150
  • Jebao DCP-4000 DC Return Pump (Feeding Manifold) - $50 - Purchased January 2022
  • Neptune Systems Apex (Full System With PH, Salinity, Temp & ORP Probes) & EB832 Power Bar - $675
  • Extra Neptune Systems Apex EB832 Power Bar - $200
  • Neptune Systems ATK (Auto Top Off System) - $150
  • Avast Marine Break Out Box - $25
  • (2) Neptune Systems DOS - $225 EACH - Comes With 1 Link Cables
  • Neptune Systems Trident - $450 - Purchased January 2021 - Comes With Brand New 4 Months Of Reagents Too
  • Ink Bird ITC308S Temperature Controller (Heating & Cooling) - $25
  • Hygger 500W Aquarium Heater - $40
  • DIY Algae Scrubber - $200 -

Last edited:

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment is usually 50% of retail, and for an AIO like Red Sea or Waterbox I'd suggest $2-3 per gallon for tank/stand/plumbing.

I refuse to pay more than 50% of the retail price for used equipment. Eventually I find the deal I'm looking for on used stuff.

swallace

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment is usually 50% of retail, and for an AIO like Red Sea or Waterbox I'd suggest $2-3 per gallon for tank/stand/plumbing.

I refuse to pay more than 50% of the retail price for used equipment. Eventually I find the deal I'm looking for on used stuff.
I cant imagine that $3 per gallon applies to "all" RS or Waterbox tanks. I just paid nearly 6k for my Reefer-S 850. I would convert it into a giant shadowbox before selling it for $675. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Reefin Aint Easy

Reefin Aint Easy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think imo your prices are good. Have you sold livestock yet? I am actively looking for a Queen Angel, with no luck!

Thanks! Most of livestock is sold except some corals and Blue Hippo Tang and a pair of clowns. I hope you find your Angel!

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Exactly ! Thats always been my rule! 50% or more!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 32.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back