Red Sea Reefer 625XXL - "The Big One"

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m anxiously waiting for mine! I’m so glad you invited everyone to the sale. It was fun and I ended up with a box tooooo. You guys will definitely know when it gets here.
I’ll make sure to tag you in the next one. If I get you @Lost in the Sauce we can all get packages together again! LoL

once you get your corals be sure to leave feed back in the vendor feed back forum.

they are still relatively new and all feedback is welcomed. (I swear I don’t work for them (yet!)) I’m trying to negotiate to do marketing for payment in corals!!!!)

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My question is what was he thinking?

how’d you get him out?

Was he attempting this?
cat week GIF
Hahahaha. He was. He looked just like that when I saw him. Little tail flipping around furiously. He already somehow had pushed his fins through the hole- I was going to try and gently nudge him back through, but he wasn’t far enough in to get his fins to lay flat and go back. It would have ripped them off it I pushed him backwards... and he was too fat to squish through forward.

I just reacted when I saw him. Dumped the frags off onto another rack (the old zoa frags are a bane of my existence anyway) and held him up in the water at the top of the tank so I could see him. He was breathing hard and had already lost color. Very stressed but still moving a lot to try and escape so I figured he was alright.

I have a pair of garden snips I use to cut off the bottom of frag plugs before I place them that I keep near the tank. Acrylic is hard, and I didn’t want to hurt him, so I kind of gauged out each cut on the rack in the water, then lifted him out and positioned the snips and cut outside of the tank where I could brace the rack and not get broken acrylic in the Reefer...gave myself some leverage cutting too. I was terrified he would panic when I was cutting and I’d hurt him but he did really well. Brave little guy. I put him back in between cuts to let him calm down and breathe for a few and to see where to cut next. Glad I was able to free him. He’s been one of my favorites.

TLDR: Snip snip wiggle swim. Maybe name him Fraggy.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha. He was. He looked just like that when I saw him. Little tail flipping around furiously. He already somehow had pushed his fins through the hole- I was going to try and gently nudge him back through, but he wasn’t far enough in to get his fins to lay flat and go back. It would have ripped them off it I pushed him backwards... and he was too fat to squish through forward.

I just reacted when I saw him. Dumped the frags off onto another rack (the old zoa frags are a bane of my existence anyway) and held him up in the water at the top of the tank so I could see him. He was breathing hard and had already lost color. Very stressed but still moving a lot to try and escape so I figured he was alright.

I have a pair of garden snips I use to cut off the bottom of frag plugs before I place them that I keep near the tank. Acrylic is hard, and I didn’t want to hurt him, so I kind of gauged out each cut on the rack in the water, then lifted him out and positioned the snips and cut outside of the tank where I could brace the rack and not get broken acrylic in the Reefer...gave myself some leverage cutting too. I was terrified he would panic when I was cutting and I’d hurt him but he did really well. Brave little guy. I put him back in between cuts to let him calm down and breathe for a few and to see where to cut next. Glad I was able to free him. He’s been one of my favorites.

TLDR: Snip snip wiggle swim. Maybe name him Fraggy.
Glad you were able to get him out. I love my little fat algae munching machine as well. The way they perch and look at you when you walk up always makes me laugh.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll make sure to tag you in the next one. If I get you @Lost in the Sauce we can all get packages together again! LoL

once you get your corals be sure to leave feed back in the vendor feed back forum.

they are still relatively new and all feedback is welcomed. (I swear I don’t work for them (yet!)) I’m trying to negotiate to do marketing for payment in corals!!!!)

Please do! Even if I’m coral broke, I still enjoy watching and hanging out. I loved their contests, too. I will be taking pics of the unboxing so everyone can see, and definitely going to leave a review afterwards. They should totally let you do marketing, because if you hadn’t posted that link for the aftersale I wouldn’t have looked again and I wouldn’t be in TROUBLE about a torch right now. :p I’ve been informed I spent all of my Aquashella money between that and the stuff I got for the tank. Lol. Worth it. ;)

Are you on IG?

I am, but I haven’t put anything up since 2019. Kind of dropped off social media around then. You can definitely follow me, though, and maybe I’ll start back posting at some point. I’ll follow back!

Handle is lesliepirate.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you were able to get him out. I love my little fat algae munching machine as well. The way they perch and look at you when you walk up always makes me laugh.
That’s why he’s my little wall worm! I have too many pictures like this....
109EBED5-7A13-490E-90D1-97163400B033.jpeg 03D5AEB2-0568-449A-8B25-345543D12D7D.jpeg 01FF3179-55EF-41E2-BA5B-703FDDC1A877.jpeg 838C6BB5-BB65-4E1E-A87C-8CA28A39748F.jpeg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s why he’s my little wall worm! I have too many pictures like this....
109EBED5-7A13-490E-90D1-97163400B033.jpeg 03D5AEB2-0568-449A-8B25-345543D12D7D.jpeg 01FF3179-55EF-41E2-BA5B-703FDDC1A877.jpeg 838C6BB5-BB65-4E1E-A87C-8CA28A39748F.jpeg
I need some pics of mine. He has a 7’ frag tank he manages. He keeps the tank spotless for algae. It amazes how much he eats lol.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need some pics of mine. He has a 7’ frag tank he manages. He keeps the tank spotless for algae. It amazes how much he eats lol.
It blows me away. I love watching him monch down on the algae. Take pictures! I need to see more lawnmowers...and the frag tank!

Maybe he learned his lesson. I don’t want to cut up anymore racks. ;Hilarious

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It blows me away. I love watching him monch down on the algae. Take pictures! I need to see more lawnmowers...and the frag tank!

Maybe he learned his lesson. I don’t want to cut up anymore racks. ;Hilarious
Frag tank pic below. I will get pics later when the lights come on. The tank sits 5’ from me, so easy to do lol. Yes my office is in the fish barn. Wife is loud on her conf calls in the house.

62E843DF-3408-4535-AADA-12AC1D3EA79B.jpeg

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag tank pic below. I will get pics later when the lights come on. The tank sits 5’ from me, so easy to do lol. Yes my office is in the fish barn. Wife is loud on her conf calls in the house.

62E843DF-3408-4535-AADA-12AC1D3EA79B.jpeg
If I had a fish barn, you bet your “butt” I would have my office in there! You guys make me want a frag tank so bad.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please do! Even if I’m coral broke, I still enjoy watching and hanging out. I loved their contests, too. I will be taking pics of the unboxing so everyone can see, and definitely going to leave a review afterwards. They should totally let you do marketing, because if you hadn’t posted that link for the aftersale I wouldn’t have looked again and I wouldn’t be in TROUBLE about a torch right now. :p I’ve been informed I spent all of my Aquashella money between that and the stuff I got for the tank. Lol. Worth it. ;)

I am, but I haven’t put anything up since 2019. Kind of dropped off social media around then. You can definitely follow me, though, and maybe I’ll start back posting at some point. I’ll follow back!

Handle is lesliepirate.
Followed you on bothe my accounts

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You've got a lot of great sand bed real estate. What's the plan there?

I'd have all kind of brain and meat corals down there. Are rainbow trachy gardens a thing?
I’ve been saving the sand for last. Added some over time when I first set the tank up, and the Diamond Watchman keeps it stirred up for me. Also makes it difficult to put anything on the bed. I’m considering adding a little more so it won’t get shifted around as much, and I need to get some more rock. But, MOAR of this;
E17E3E5B-5B28-49C1-A932-98E527DB1C77.jpeg

Back