200.gif

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why is it frist?! ;Facepalm

Bounce update: The other yuma got jealous and I had to move them, too.
Good call. @MERKEY is definitely onto something with moar;) lamp.
I'm not running my shrooms any hotter than 125 par on my tables right now but seems like my yumas and st thomas can take and want alot more light than im throwing at them.
Def let them chill and get used to the extra light for a bit. Nothing stresses shrooms out harder than sudden changes in light intensity.

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good call. @MERKEY is definitely onto something with moar;) lamp.
I'm not running my shrooms any hotter than 125 par on my tables right now but seems like my yumas and st thomas can take and want alot more light than im throwing at them.
Def let them chill and get used to the extra light for a bit. Nothing stresses shrooms out harder than sudden changes in light intintensity
Only reason I found out is they moved to the tip of that rock themselves to get closer to the light and then BOUNCED ;Playful

They knew what they wanted hahah

Some shroom definitely do not like MOAR LAMP and will melt.

My golden gonzo will melt if he goes higher than 100 par

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only reason I found out is they moved to the tip of that rock themselves to get closer to the light and then BOUNCED ;Playful

They knew what they wanted hahah

Some shroom definitely do not like MOAR LAMP and will melt.

My golden gonzo will melt if he goes higher than 100 par
For sure man. All my gonzos are bleached and most likely gonners since my lamp went crazy on me. My toxic have never been the same since the light escapade either. Probably put nail in coffin on those guys when I transferred to dics but had to be done.
Is what it is I guess.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Different vibe. Moved some things around this morning. Toadstool sulking still but the base has healed up and the trunk of the coral has lost the yellowed tint it had while the rapa was inside of it. Overall it seems healthier. Dendronepthya still hanging in there (both literally and figuratively).

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! I’m impressed with how much you’ve got done in such a short time! Looks great. Are you a FL local?

Thanks for checking it out! It’s definitely been a lot to take in and learn over a short timespan. Having a history with fish has helped, but coral is a whole new world for me. I like the challenge it offers. I’m from South Georgia, but we lived in Florida for a long time when I was little, down in the Keys. A lot of my family are Floridians, so I’m a bit of a hybrid I guess.

KellyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also updated the first post to show inhabitants and equipment. I’m still working on listing everything.

And!!! I got my Utter Chaos Paly finally! I’ve been dying for our LFS owner to frag his colony out since I saw it the first time and Joe surprised me and picked it up when he went by to grab my two part!
;Shamefullyembarrased
It’s in the tank now. He got a gorgeous Niger Trigger while he was there, as well, so updates to come on that in the next couple of days.

6053FB16-F353-4653-997B-0659FBE75025.jpeg

Fangirling so hard for this one polyp. :0

UC zoa! One of my all time favorites!

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@KellyCorals I actually really dislike the color orange, and it’s still one of my favorites. My LFS owner had a massive rock of them and they were enormous under his lighting. Still trying to make up my mind where I’m going to place them eventually. I’m too indecisive!

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent most of the day outside with my mini-me. (Too pretty not to.) Been up to my eyeballs in fresh and saltwater today doing tank maintenance that I know I’m going to miss out on over the next few days. Why did I decide keeping three freshwater systems wasn’t going to be a big deal when I added the Reefer?

Debating changing the scape a little in the Evo. LTA keeps shifting (thanks clowns), and the zoa definitely aren’t enjoying their new neighbor. Still my favorite... F6B118E4-D26D-4907-9DAC-F34E6FB8BA17.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 115 87.8%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back