RED SEA REEFER 750XXL: Reinforcement updates

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess there were too many tanks failing to keep on muting/banning members who were posting photos of their tanks leaking in the last few months (see the other thread for more details). A “retrofit kit” is their solution— I suggest all owners check their tanks immediately.
w7hwUwd.jpg

HV9UhDZ.jpg

Last edited:

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for sharing for those of us who don't use Facebook. Good to see they decided to be transparent and acknowledge the issue.

Have there been any comments from them on the power supplies for their LEDs? I saw several posts about them getting really hot and didn't know if they are taking a similar approach with repairing/replacing those.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again for sharing for those of us who don't use Facebook. Good to see they decided to be transparent and acknowledge the issue.

Have there been any comments from them on the power supplies for their LEDs? I saw several posts about them getting really hot and didn't know if they are taking a similar approach with repairing/replacing those.

They had been covering up the issue by removing members from their group for months. Notice that they mentioned the newer ones are already corrected- they knew it was an issue... see the other thread with 500+ posts.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I witnessed this first hand with a 2 year old 750, there is at least an 1/8" gap between the tank and the top board. I wouldn't be surprised that there are a lot more than they're suggesting. It's just the matter of owners being made aware.

I hope that this thread doesn't get removed from the "trending" section as I normally see in true R2R fashion, anytime there's something that negatively affects a sponsor or the site it'll get knocked off and buried.

OP
OP
TheHarold

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I witnessed this first hand with a 2 year old 750, there is at least an 1/8" gap between the tank and the top board. I wouldn't be surprised that there are a lot more than they're suggesting. It's just the matter of owners being made aware.

I hope that this thread doesn't get removed from the "trending" section as I normally see in true R2R fashion, anytime there's something that negatively affects a sponsor or the site it'll get knocked off and buried.
No, this is not feedback. It is a public announcement meant for general discussion :)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And the property damage 200 gallons of water causes that most homeowner policies won’t cover (unless you have flood insurance).
Actually - most homeowners insurance does cover it - UNLESS its a chronic leak. Just talked to my agent - (now maybe some less expensive policies do not - IDK) - but - if someone throws a brick through my tank its covered (not the livestock). If a tornado destroys the house, the tank and the livestock - its all covered. If the tank opens up in the middle of the night - its covered *by my policy. any damage to the house, that is - but not the livestock. The tank is also covered.

EDIT _ BUT for heavens sake - who would want this to happen lol:)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a serious note, I'm glad Red Sea has stepped up addressing the issue. It's still a little frustrating to see how they handled it but at the end of the day, hopefully this problem will be a thing of the past and we can confidently reccomend the 750XXL again to those looking for larger systems.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If a tornado destroys the house, the tank and the livestock
renters insurance is also a tough one.
Around 2006 a F1 came threw and laid a tree on my new home, power was out for three days lost all the live stock.
I got a new roof, 500 for the spoilage of food but No live stock replacement .
So call your fish sushi and it gets replaced :rolleyes:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tag him and that Nemo guy who kept ranting, lol.

I can't tag the Nemo guy in for some reason, I hope he was banned for basically laughing at those that had actual tanks fail on them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back