RED SEA REEFER 750XXL: Reinforcement updates

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if gaps between the stand and tank are indication that the leveling feet aren't set right? My 625 is empty right now, but its been sitting for a couple of months and there are gaps between the tank and foam on the stand near the corners. One corner is particularly bad, you can slid about 8 sheets of paper in between pretty easily.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Does anyone know if gaps between the stand and tank are indication that the leveling feet aren't set right? My 625 is empty right now, but its been sitting for a couple of months and there are gaps between the tank and foam on the stand near the corners. One corner is particularly bad, you can slid about 8 sheets of paper in between pretty easily.
It would seem to me that it could be a problem with the stand - or the foam isnt completely level (which shouldn't make a difference) - the only way you can do this 'test' is if the tank is full of water.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have
You think a company will tell you failure rates if you "call them" ?

That is certainly an.... interesting idea.
You post a lot of...... interesting ideas. But - Maybe - just maybe - before implying that I'm saying something wrong - it might be nice if you - called yourself and asked..... For example -if they said its 1:20,0000000. and in fact every 5 tanks have this problem - they would be bankrupt as a company. Right?

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would seem to me that it could be a problem with the stand - or the foam isnt completely level (which shouldn't make a difference) - the only way you can do this 'test' is if the tank is full of water.

Bummer, I had it full for a leak test and I recall it still having the gap. I will do it again tomorrow to confirm, thanks.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bummer, I had it full for a leak test and I recall it still having the gap. I will do it again tomorrow to confirm, thanks.
My thing. Which I haven’t discussed with redsea is that I can also put a piece of paper under the small side. Ie facing the cabinet on the right. This is why I really wonder if this fix is really going to be a fix

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thing. Which I haven’t discussed with redsea is that I can also put a piece of paper under the small side. Ie facing the cabinet on the right. This is why I really wonder if this fix is really going to be a fix

That sucks and it probably is nothing at all, but things like that make me nervous. I want to set this tank up for the long term and having to always worry about it failing isn't worth it.

I just went downstairs and tried to make sure everything was tightened properly and that all the panels were joined fully. I couldn't find anything, but a corner of my stand still looks like this:

test.jpg

If I push on the tank from either side, there is enough movement/flexing that it makes me quite uneasy.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That sucks and it probably is nothing at all, but things like that make me nervous. I want to set this tank up for the long term and having to always worry about it failing isn't worth it.

I just went downstairs and tried to make sure everything was tightened properly and that all the panels were joined fully. I couldn't find anything, but a corner of my stand still looks like this:

test.jpg

If I push on the tank from either side, there is enough movement/flexing that it makes me quite uneasy.
That is a problem - and you shoudl contact REdsea-whether it was a problem with how you put up the stander a problem with the stand itself - IMO thats not right

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a problem - and you shoudl contact REdsea-whether it was a problem with how you put up the stander a problem with the stand itself - IMO thats not right

Ok, I will contact them. I felt that something was definitely off. My reefer 350 doesn't have any misalignments like this. Thanks for your help, I'll let you know what I hear back.

Leyth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's the back side of that same panel. Where it's higher in the front, it's actually lower in the back. That gap seems pretty massive too lol.

2.jpg

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I heard from my LFS that 'I got the serial number and will have the brace from Red Sea later this week'. FWIW

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I heard from my LFS that 'I got the serial number and will have the brace from Red Sea later this week'. FWIW

My LFS told me that earliest would be beginning of 2020. Not sure I believe them but Redsea not responding to my emails asking n N g about an ETA is making me very uneasy.

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My LFS told me that earliest would be beginning of 2020. Not sure I believe them but Redsea not responding to my emails asking n N g about an ETA is making me very uneasy.

will let you know - my LFS said they are getting theirs in this week - and will be out to install mine (All I can say is what I've heard)

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks - do they happen to give any instructions (written) - like how far to move the 'brace' up, down, etc. I absolutely don't really care for the types of instructions - especially in a case like this lol:)

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost looks like they tell you to crank it up until the measurement at the brace matches the measurement on the outside panel.

Screenshot_20191024-154109_Samsung capture.jpg

Last edited:
Back