Red Sea Reefer 750XXL Deluxe with Aqua Illuminations AI Hydra 26HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Erik Orue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so happy with my Red Sea Reefer XXL!! The quality is far superior than any other tank I've owned. The assembly was a piece of cake :)

On that note, I would not recommend upgrading to the deluxe including the 4 AquaIlluminations 26hd because unfortunately on week two 1 of the lights completely stopped working. Not only that but another 2 of them are having fan issues!!!! They are not even a month old!?!?!? 3/4 lights have had issues already and this seems to be a known issue.

Alex, a manager at Aqua Illuminations told me they take pride in being proactive with known issues. But having to wait for me to call and complain about a known issue and sending me parts is the definition of being reactive!!!!! As a long time user of AI lights I am really disappointed. AI is working to exchange the light and send me new fans but overall what a huge disappointment this has been.

Happy reefing folks!!!
01162118a1bd3b4ffcb266edb3ea2efb.jpg
0b1a8bf6770dbc6c267a06f2970c9d06.jpg
288df84d749ab1a241fb8a87481908e6.jpg

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank. I went with the deluxe also but got the 625 xxl. I haven't had any issues with my lamps(knock on wood) going on my third week, hopefully your issues get resolved. I love my lights. I did add a 4th to my 5 foot tank to remove any shadowing. # was ok but 4 is perfect

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hydra 52s (non hd) have been rock solid 2 years and counting.

My biggest issue with AI is they won't work with Apex, meaning I will not be purchasing any more lights from them after the Hydra non hd series.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Hydra 52s (non hd) have been rock solid 2 years and counting.

My biggest issue with AI is they won't work with Apex, meaning I will not be purchasing any more lights from them after the Hydra non hd series.
new lights don't even need a controller just an app. not a very good reason to cut them off but if I had the non HD I would want them to work with a controller too. The HD have the wifi already in them and the app is nice.

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
new lights don't even need a controller just an app. not a very good reason to cut them off but if I had the non HD I would want them to work with a controller too. The HD have the wifi already in them and the app is nice.

I like a single solution dash board for my reef.

I do not want to deal with multiple apps to run it.

Also my Apex is hard wired.

I have zero interest in a Wi-Fi solution for control.

Yes I am aware they the non HD hydras use a radio signal to awm as does the ecotechs to a wxm.....however those signals are not dependant on spotty wi fi reliability.

Remember when everyone wanted wireless wi fi printers? Yea, those turned out to be unreliable junk solutions and everyone went back to wired.

My vortech has never disconnected and in two years my Hydras have only lost connection to AWM twice.

Wi-Fi on the other hand, is about as reliable as the weather or my wife's mood. ...and Yes I have a newer AC high performance dual channel router.

Cherub

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yes I am aware they the non HD hydras use a radio signal to awm as does the ecotechs to a wxm.....however those signals are not dependant on spotty wi fi reliability.

Remember when everyone wanted wireless wi fi printers? Yea, those turned out to be unreliable junk solutions and everyone went back to wired.

My vortech has never disconnected and in two years my Hydras have only lost connection to AWM twice.

Wi-Fi on the other hand, is about as reliable as the weather or my wife's mood. ...and Yes I have a newer AC high performance dual channel router.
love my wifi printer too, it's not wired. I never had the issues you do,lucky me I suppose.

notafunnyclownfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious. I am setting up a 525XL. Looking at your pic how did you level your tank? Thanks for the input.

sternicus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You might be the only person with a wired printers. My parents are divorced, live in two houses. And in college. Combined 6 printers ALL wireless and at my grandparents. We even have $1100 wireless photo printer. Must be in another country other than the US then?

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be the only person with a wired printers. My parents are divorced, live in two houses. And in college. Combined 6 printers ALL wireless and at my grandparents. We even have $1100 wireless photo printer. Must be in another country other than the US then?
Perhaps I am the person with the worst wi fi in the world.

Probably too much traffic in the 2.5ghz and 5ghz as I run 3 laptops, 2 tablets, a Sonos whole house system, 5 security cameras, 2 nests, a roku box, a whole house worth of wi fi light bulbs on a Philips hue system, 4 echoes and probably several other devices I am forgetting on my wi fi router.

I find the Wi-Fi service to be crappy for mission critical things and gave up abd hard wired my apex, my gaming PC and my main smart tv along with ps4 directly to wall connections and have zero interest in putting any THING else back on wi fi.

My cell drops constantly, the echos drop about once per day, my cameras are barely usable some times, my apex used to drop about 25 times a day, giving echo a turn off or turn on command for my lights fails to complete about 10% of the time requiring a 2nd Or 3rd, sometimes 4th attempt before working etc.

A part of it might be just bad software code in these devices as my sonos system abd roku box actually do work as advertised.....my apex hooked to a gaming adapter was garbage.

Back