Red Sea reefer nano vs Red Sea max nano?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Antics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The question should be if you want a sump or not. I think price wise its really hard to beat the Max Nano. It's 84$ more but comes with an AI Prime HD (Which I believe is still a 200$ light?), skimmer, and a return pump. The only real benefit to the reefer is it comes with a sump... but for such a small tank I think its hard to say that's worth it compared to everything that comes with the max.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Max Nano and like it a lot. I sometimes wish it had a sump, but it certainly doesn't need one. Like @Antics said, you get a pretty good value since it includes light and skimmer. Add a wave pump and you're in business. I also highly recommend another ATO with a 5gal bucket in the stand. The included ATO works great, but has to be filled every ~3days which is tiresome.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get the reefer simply for the fact that it has a sump which equals more total water in your system. I have an all in one 20 gal tank and its hard to keep things stable... the more water the better in my opinion! It gives you more room for error! Plus you get to hide all you equipment below the tank, cant beat that!

Midrats

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The confines of AIO chambers always leaves something to be desired.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the reefer simply for the fact that it has a sump which equals more total water in your system. I have an all in one 20 gal tank and its hard to keep things stable... the more water the better in my opinion! It gives you more room for error! Plus you get to hide all you equipment below the tank, cant beat that!
+1

It would be hands down with the Reefer Nano, for me too.

easily_fishstracted

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i don't have any experience with the max, but i honestly don't understand why one would get it over the reefer, given the benefits of a sump and the fact that it has the same footprint. i would say the sump is far more of a long-term factor in a happy tank than the ai prime, and at this price point it's not making a huge difference..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back