Red Sea Reefer New Build Papua New Guinea

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! :) Look forward to seeing more of your tank, Reefers are nice systems.

PNG, wow that's crazy! Port Moresby? I passed through there a couple of times. They warned us not to stay out after dark!
Port Moresby, I always thought that sounded like the perfect name for a pirate haven "Argh, me mateys, we'll sell that treasure in Port Moresby!"

Last edited:

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awelcometothesite_zps74ffae4d.jpg

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Leighton Crisp - Welcome to R2R, Lay! I can say that I've never known anyone living in PNG and am excited about following your tank build when you start it! If you can remember, please tag me when you start your build thread, in case I miss it. Being that you are in PNG, I hope you're a diver or will soon become one as I hear diving there is pretty incredible.

tenor.gif
Hi Crusso,

Thanks for the kind welcome.
You are right, there is tariffic diving in this beautiful place. I have just been snorkeling so far and it has been great.
I will post lots of photos once I get myself an underwater case for my camera!
Cheers, Lay

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha. Yes, one has to be careful in Port Moresby as it can be dangerous at times.
Most people have boats and head out to the islands on weekends where it is perfectly safe and great for snorkeling.
Welcome to R2R! :) Look forward to seeing more of your tank, Reefers are nice systems.

PNG, wow that's crazy! Port Moresby? I passed through there a couple of times. They warned us not to stay out after dark!
Port Moresby, I always thought that sounded like the perfect name for a pirate haven "Argh, me mateys, we'll sell that treasure in Port Moresby!"
aha

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow. Can you harvest corals off the shore? Be sure to quarantine anything that comes in. Please post pics of your system.
Hey, the aquatic life is amazing here. There are even beautiful acroporas growing on the boat ramp that gets scraped clean every few years. I plan on removing some of those before they are scraped off. Also may take a few frags from the anchoring spots off the islands where the anchors have broken off the corals. Will post pics of what I find. Need to get my aquarium shipped here first

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9E845359-6935-4D9C-9BC0-56D5554F2BEA.jpeg
Hey, the aquatic life is amazing here. There are even beautiful acroporas growing on the boat ramp that gets scraped clean every few years. I plan on removing some of those before they are scraped off. Also may take a few frags from the anchoring spots off the islands where the anchors have broken off the corals. Will post pics of what I find. Need to get my aquarium shipped here first

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 116 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back