OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have started to try and grow some Macro algae in my quarantine tank while waiting for my aquarium to be imported into Papua New Guinea.
The aquarium should be here in around 4 weeks. Counted 4 species of anemone fish last time I went snorkeling. Also saw some nice surgeon fish and wrasse.

6175440C-E107-4407-AD87-0B0B65A61C24.jpeg

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to R2R!
I was glad to find this online reefing community as I have recently relocated to Papua New Guinea for work and don't know of any other reefers in the country to bounce ideas off.
I have ordered a next gen RSR 250 and will be picking it up in Australia next week. Hoping to post a list of all the intended specs and equipment for my build over the next few days and looking forward to some feedback/ideas.
Cheers, Lay
Finally the RSR 250 has arrived in Papua New Guinea. Only took 2 months and a million emails. Can't wait to set it up. Will go out on the boat tomorrow to collect the first load of natural sea water!

D2B92A09-FA7B-4013-8FC7-A5A867D17264.jpeg

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that the box for the cabinet has a white label with black lettering that says, "PLY" which to me must mean plywood. The Red Sea site says that the cabinet for the Reefer 250 is HPL coated MDF Marine Spec and that only the larger format REEFER™ XL & XXL tanks sit on extra durable HPL coated plywood Marine Spec cabinets for greater water resistance, with fully adjustable feet for perfect leveling on any surface. Does anyone know if Red Sea has started shipping plywood cabinets for their smaller reefers?

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed that the box for the cabinet has a white label with black lettering that says, "PLY" which to me must mean plywood. The Red Sea site says that the cabinet for the Reefer 250 is HPL coated MDF Marine Spec and that only the larger format REEFER™ XL & XXL tanks sit on extra durable HPL coated plywood Marine Spec cabinets for greater water resistance, with fully adjustable feet for perfect leveling on any surface. Does anyone know if Red Sea has started shipping plywood cabinets for their smaller reefers?
Hi CoralSea,
This is the new generagion "Refugium-Ready" RSR250 so RS may have changed the cabinet. I believe the new gen cabinets come with adjustable feet. Will check tonight and let you know.
Cheers

OP
OP
L

Leighton Crisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi CoralSea,
This is the new generagion "Refugium-Ready" RSR250 so RS may have changed the cabinet. I believe the new gen cabinets come with adjustable feet. Will check tonight and let you know.
Cheers

I have the new V3 sump on my Reefer 250 and I am 99% sure it is HPL coated MDF Marine Spec. It did not come with adjustable feet which are only on the larger Reefers.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Finally the RSR 250 has arrived in Papua New Guinea. Only took 2 months and a million emails. Can't wait to set it up. Will go out on the boat tomorrow to collect the first load of natural sea water!

D2B92A09-FA7B-4013-8FC7-A5A867D17264.jpeg

Leighton - big applause for what you are pulling together! I look forward to following your build thread and am cheering for you!

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am new to R2R!
I was glad to find this online reefing community as I have recently relocated to Papua New Guinea for work and don't know of any other reefers in the country to bounce ideas off.
I have ordered a next gen RSR 250 and will be picking it up in Australia next week. Hoping to post a list of all the intended specs and equipment for my build over the next few days and looking forward to some feedback/ideas.
Cheers, Lay
This summer PNG, opening up for corals & fish. Your in a perfect place. Welcome, comrade

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 49 83.1%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.1%
Back