Red Sea (Reefer-S 1000 G2) or Waterbox (Reef LX 340.7)...?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here compare a larger Red Sea Reefer and a Waterbox before making a decision on which to get...?

Trying to decide between the Red Sea Reefer-S 1000 G2 or Waterbox Reef LX 340.7.

Never really considered Waterbox before because they only went to 23.5" high - and I don't care for the engraved Waterbox logo on the front glass, etc...

But now the new Waterbox Reef LX is 25.5" high. - still don't like the front engraved logo on the glass, but...

There stand looks a lot nicer than Red Sea - and it comes already put together - which is a huge plus.

fishski13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had a Red Sea but after there reputation with there G1 models not sure I would trust them with such a large aquarium regardless if the G2 has improvements. When I was deciding between tanks it was between Aquaforest, Cade, and Waterbox. So between the two you listed I would go with Waterbox personally.

Also the put together stand is a must for me. My Aquaforest stand was prebuilt and it not only made installation easy but I didnt have to worry if I put together the stand correctly or not. I have piece of mind that the stand can handle the weight it is suppose. I have a Waterbox 35 AIO where I had to put the stand together and never again as the slightlest angle off when screwing it together and the top is not even or the side doesnt sit right. With a small aquarium I dont worry about it but with a few hundred gallon I wouldnt want to have that in the back of my mind.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a fan of Red Sea. I have been fortunate and have no problems with my 3XL 900 G1. I did compare several other brands, including Waterbox and others. They all seem to be great tanks. Red Sea is the one that had the features I was looking for.

Carlos Fernandez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two Red Sea tanks a 650 Peninsula and a 260-E. Never had an issue with either one. Recently I decided to go for a "bigger" tank. I fell in love with the Waterbox LX 340.7 with a white cabinet. I ordered the tank and 10 days later received a message stating that they were out of the white cabinets for this particular tank with no forecast for when they would be available again, at least for the rest of 2023. Total bummer. Getting a black cabinet was a deal breaker, especially for my wife. We opted to go back to Red Sea and have a REEFER 1000S G-2 on order. I love the Red Sea Reefmat, so at least we'll have a sump that is prepped for it. Really would have liked to get that Waterbox, maybe next time.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back