Red Sea Reefer Tank Seal Failure

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try posting this pic on their Facebook. Ask for preemptive correction somehow

tell them it’s used but that doesn’t matter. A Ford pinto was likely to explode whether on the first or second or fourth owners time. Poor design shouldn’t be acceptable for any generation of tanks.

try and negotiate some type of paid replacement or get them to publicly state on social media this related to being a used tank vs a repeating poor tank design part of large derision threads involving first owners too.

Jeeperz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try posting this pic on their Facebook. Ask for preemptive correction somehow

tell them it’s used but that doesn’t matter. A Ford pinto was likely to explode whether on the first or second or fourth owners time. Poor design shouldn’t be acceptable for any generation of tanks.

try and negotiate some type of paid replacement or get them to publicly state on social media this related to being a used tank vs a repeating poor tank design part of large derision threads involving first owners too.
Doing this will get the post removed and you banned from the red Sea Fakebook page

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what if we wrote it very very friendly, informative with only veiled sarcasm vs explicit/would pass? they filter for only the nice comments?

kenjung

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on the fence for a rimless in addition to my existing large acrylic aquarium, BRS is having a sale. A second though I would never go rimless. I can't imagine going on 2 weeks vacation thinking about what would happen. Tank should be over build, rimless is a bad idea.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this doubt is the inevitable if red sea is not intercepting the problem correctly on their social media pages

being stern/banning from facebook only works for so long, then market penetration doubt happens. I'm not being mean, perhaps they could attach a five thousand dollar rider to any original purchase as a guarantee their stuff isn't going to keep splitting seams. they could do something different than the current path, for sure.

hey they could post here, in this thread, about ways red sea buyers can feel ok with rimless setups.
someone email this thread to them.

Last edited:

Potatohead

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on the fence for a rimless in addition to my existing large acrylic aquarium, BRS is having a sale. A second though I would never go rimless. I can't imagine going on 2 weeks vacation thinking about what would happen. Tank should be over build, rimless is a bad idea.

There are a lot of rimless tanks out there. Because one (some) of them suck doesn't mean they all do.

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My RedSea XL300 is also starting to show the initial signs of failure along the bottom seam... I was already planning to upgrade to a larger tank in the next 2 years, but it looks like that's gonna be happening a lot sooner for me. Likely going with a WaterBox this time.

Sanya

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
And mine too
red sea xl525 five years old
I noticed this spot a couple years ago and it stays like this all the time till now, when I push the seam I see the movement of water around this spot in the seam, its not leak yet but Im sure it can happen any time .

Attachments

• 20230105_095619.jpg
    20230105_095619.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 96

Manny’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And mine too
red sea xl525 five years old
I noticed this spot a couple years ago and it stays like this all the time till now, when I push the seam I see the movement of water around this spot in the seam, its not leak yet but Im sure it can happen any time .
I have to second this. The seam looks like its about to go.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sanya so sorry. Thank you for posting we need this pattern to effect change against them - said because of the degree of dodging they're doing on social media to keep up sales despite this stark pattern problem.

I guarantee we can arrange by typing here a set of moves to skip cycle transfer all your animals over to any other system, if that's any help
Let's move it all preemptively

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Team

Is it possible to flag them as a seller on Facebook, for blocking all feedback showing this mega problem? They can't keep concealing it if someone escalates on Facebook and forces this thread to be added to their sales entity page?

I dislike Facebook/ don't use so I don't know how it works. But it can be a powerful tool to balance scales of justice i would bet, for businesses that make money with it

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get this thread forced on their Facebook page somehow.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does facebook handle scam situations, is someone allowed to run the classic prince of Nigeria scam from 2003 unfettered on Facebook even nowadays? Surely there’s a way to prevent a company flooding people’s homes from getting extra revenue by preventing any feedback?

that makes me happy I don’t own Red Sea tanks nor Facebook…sounds like a dangerous combo for uninformed shoppers.

I call red sea a scam now.

if someone’s tank dies from our cycling or rip clean threads I’d want that to be posted in the threads, because we are accountable for claims live-time and want all feedback/ not a scam.

Are they vendors here? Going to check the list of vends

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea, the company:

if you don't relent, and discuss this thread on your facebook page, then you'll pay a high social price like stuck cycle advocates are paying. I wont let you live it down for the next twenty years, bet.

you better open up that facebook page for fair market discussion buddy, or the pico reefers will come after you en masse

Mark Goode

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea, the company:

if you don't relent, and discuss this thread on your facebook page, then you'll pay a high social price like stuck cycle advocates are paying. I wont let you live it down for the next twenty years, bet.

you better open up that facebook page for fair market discussion buddy, or the pico reefers will come after you en masse
You're kidding, right? I got permanently banned from their facebook group for saying that using a single 2mm screw to mount a Reefled 160 was not safe. And stupid.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back