Red Sea Reefer Tank Seal Failure

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no I did not know that at all. that's shockingly concealing of them, word still gets around anyway even if they're trying to calm social media storms

can anyone hammer them on twitter/youtube page or tok? can this thread be savagely linked to them in some creative way where they have to account to public demand?

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**we need a blogmaster to take them to task.

I've already burned bridges with reefbeef ya'll could try them potentially

brs has too much skin in the game/sales I'd think to force some discussion

how about melev? someone reach out to influencers. Red Sea cannot squelch that for sure.

lets get some podcasts discussing this thread.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Treat all used tanks (not just Red Sea) as suspect. I'd never knowingly pass off a (potentially) defective tank to an unsuspecting buyer without pointing any issues (however minor) out beforehand. That's just me, though.

2. If you're planning to get a new Red Sea tank get one of the new G2 versions or at least one that has the armored seams.

3. Alternatively, get a Cade and sleep easy.

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Treat all used tanks (not just Red Sea) as suspect. I'd never knowingly pass off a (potentially) defective tank to an unsuspecting buyer without pointing any issues (however minor) out beforehand. That's just me, though.

2. If you're planning to get a new Red Sea tank get one of the new G2 versions or at least one that has the armored seams.

3. Alternatively, get a Cade and sleep easy.
Or Waterbox

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With this rate of discussion and feedback Red Sea applies to a market in doubt, I would never buy one of their tanks.

if there are QC issues in the past, resolved now, come out and say it Red Sea. say something on the matter. there's a lot of breaks here, in just this one thread.

52 pages of seam fail red sea discussion/ needs linked here, not aiI are negative, shows current market balance

Last edited:

NY_Sea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the stuff reefing nightmares are made of. I feel for you! I am
Curious to know if the new G2s will be reliable. For the cost of these tanks they should be bulletproof with no excuses. No sloppy seams and especially no threat of A burst after a short while. I like to sleep At night and to have a tank that you have to worry about would Be to Much stress for Me. It always seemed risky to Me that these rimless tanks push the limit and have been getting larger and larger with no braces. I love the look of rimless tanks though and have one now.
I’ve been looking at IM which has a brace and the new aqua forest tanks have caught my eye but I will Wait to see what the Verdict is on those after they have been out a while. Again for the money these tanks run I often ask my self if custom build Is the way to Go where you can ask for armor seams , bracing etc and maybe feel a little More Confident you won’t have a potential Disaster

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard enough quality control issues with Waterbox tanks to steer clear of them. And from a customer service standpoint, it's apparently non-existent
Not sure why QA would steer you away from buying them from a consumer level. Waterbox has videos of there factory’s and workers showing the silicone process. Even showing the QA process which proves what you said to be incorrect by showing curing process and 48 hour leak test. A company that willing to be transparent about the products and backing them. Something Red Sea does not do. I also have yet to see anyone have a factory defect causing seam breakage. Not only that but they offer great insurance that back's there product past warranty. Pretty sure insurance companies won’t insure unless they know the products won’t be defective.( thus making the insurance companies money of course).

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Leme add there customer service is really good. Not sure how you come to that conclusion. Sounds like you don’t own one anyways
Not everybody's experience is the same. I do own a WB and had an issue with their quality control and customer service in addressing the issue.

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was a second hand tank and we know nothing about how it was handled so how about before trashing all Red Sea you consider this.
Why can other tanks be 2nd, 3rd or 4th user owned but not the salt and test kit company who decided to make overpriced tanks?

SpyC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Redsea has similar videos on youtube.
Not sure why QA would steer you away from buying them from a consumer level. Waterbox has videos of there factory’s and workers showing the silicone process. Even showing the QA process which proves what you said to be incorrect by showing curing process and 48 hour leak test. A company that willing to be transparent about the products and backing them. Something Red Sea does not do. I also have yet to see anyone have a factory defect causing seam breakage. Not only that but they offer great insurance that back's there product past warranty. Pretty sure insurance companies won’t insure unless they know the products won’t be defective.( thus making the insurance companies money of course).

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why can other tanks be 2nd, 3rd or 4th user owned but not the salt and test kit company who decided to make overpriced tanks?
Well we just don't know how it was handled. I had a Red Sea nano my son was helping me move and he dropped his side 4 feet and broke off the bottom corner. I used it for a year after that. I then tried to pull it apart to put the pieces in the trash and couldn't budge the panels without a knife. Obvious though from the reports that something is wrong and I bought a Reefer 250 in 2020 and the silicon looks like crap now and the workmanship when new was sloppy. No leaks though or separation.

Wildreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t follow..
Someone said it was the second owner, so it had moved from one place to the other and potentially caused a leak. Other tanks like marine land, aqueon etc move several times in some case and don’t have the same problem, bad excuse for Red Sea

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PS - he dropped it on a piece of cardboard that was on the concrete so had a little cushion.

Based on my new house I say the quality of anything built in the Covid years is crap.

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not everybody's experience is the same. I do own a WB and had an issue with their quality control and customer service in addressing the issue.
What exactly is the quality control issue???. You do realize quality assurance is the process on how they check their tanks to make sure that they’re not leaking and there making a good product. This is a factory level process. I don’t understand how it’s affecting you at home with your water box tank. Maybe you bought your water box tank a long time ago when they were just starting out but their customer service now is amazing.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back