Red Sea Reefer water balance issue

Twosixpax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Noob question (I think) if anyone can help.

I read through other threads in noisy Reefer systems but I seem to have a different problem.

Got a new XXL750 set up yesterday. It was very noisy as the water level in the overflow was much lower than the inlet (about 4-5” lower).

I’ve tried adding more water, but can’t add much more as there’s rock to go in.
also tried turning the flow valve all the way open (clockwise) but that doesn’t work.
I’ve tried to turn the return pump up to 100%. It’s a Sicce SyncraSDC 9.0 - the one recommended by Red Sea.

it’s painful as the tank is in my home office (aka “my office” these days) and I’m on calls a lot.

thx!

Attachments

• IMG_1606.MOV
    23.7 MB
OP
OP
Twosixpax

Twosixpax

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close down your drain tube till equilibrium is reached.
Thanks P. I got it silent at the overflow - I guess it needed more patience than I was giving it. Still a trickle noise in the sump and the pump is a little noisy, but otherwise good - thanks for the response.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks P. I got it silent at the overflow - I guess it needed more patience than I was giving it. Still a trickle noise in the sump and the pump is a little noisy, but otherwise good - thanks for the response.
If you submerge the end of the drain tube in the sump it should help with the noise. Happy to hear she is quieter at the overflow.

Back