OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No bother I would love to I have taken a screen shot of my settings but I just changed them cause I had my blues way to high. The person that is a master at AI lighting is jsker. On the home page you can find him on the left under staff. He gave me a link last week but I can’t seem to intergrade it to the ai software. I’m going to try on my Mac this weekend. I work really long hours and only have time for stuff like that on the weekend but if I figure it out I will let you know. I will include the link he sent me https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I6mZhvE38ojZrGwod_0Gnk90QC65lv_d/view?usp=sharing

I hope this helps!

0072C9CB-64E5-42BB-B7CE-94A535D45D34.png

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also don’t forget about acclamation mode for when you get new corals. That allows you to lower the intensity of your light by a percentage and automatically raise it over a period of time slowly so your corals have time to adjust.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is perfect. I really appreciate it! Between learning all the electronic side and the saltwater side I have a lot of work lol.

It is a learning curve but like o said I will help you with anything you need don't hesitate to ask and if I don't know the answer I will help you to look it up and brainstorm with you. When I was at aquarium city 2 weeks ago one of the employees told me he was majoring in marine biology I laughed and told him so am I, I own a reef tank! It's true there is alot to learn but there are alot of people on R2R that are eager to help you.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice looking tank love the sump area what are those things u got in sump area :)

Thank you very much! That's my controller for my return pump and 2 controllers for my power heads. The big white box is a batter backup to run my power heads in the event of a power outage. I'll have to post an updated picture with the Apex and dos. Thanks again for the compliment! It means alot!

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered ecotech pumps also so heavily thought about getting the battery backup.
Have you used them in the past? I’m curious about there durability
Also what heaters and how are you controlling them?
Heaters and controllers seem to be the weak link but most build threads skip that info. They are the only thing I haven’t picked out yet.
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge to help.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered ecotech pumps also so heavily thought about getting the battery backup.
Have you used them in the past? I’m curious about there durability
Also what heaters and how are you controlling them?
Heaters and controllers seem to be the weak link but most build threads skip that info. They are the only thing I haven’t picked out yet.
Thanks again for sharing your knowledge to help.

In my opinion the battery back up is a pice of mind the power was out one morning when I got up for work and it stayed out for around 6 hours I don’t really know exactly how long it was out but I had the battery backup hooked up to the 2 powerheads and it kept the water moving and the water oxygenated for the fish. So I’m going to say yes if I were you I would get it absolutel. When the power goes out you’ll be glad you have one. They guys at my lfs said I could get a second one and a booster for my return pump and daisy chain them together but it’s not nessary so I only have the one for now. As far as the heater goes I have a finnex 500 watt I control it with my Neptune apex I have it set to turn on at 78 and off at 79 it does a really good job at regulating the temperature. I also have a email and text alert to warn me if it gets to cold or to hot and it will automatically shut off in the event of it being to hot. I hope that helps and like I always say don’t ever hesitate to ask anything!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my very anticipated email from artfully acrylic that my lid will be delivered on 4/17! I can't wait!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool. Can’t wait to see it. We need a full report of the fit. I been eyeing them up but I’m along way away from needing one.

Thanks crabby I'll upload pictures and fit details when it comes. I decided to try the new Clearview tsunami because it'll grow with my tank the guy convince me when he's told me on the phone that if I decided to add like an auto feeder later on all I had to do was buy a couple of pieces and I can just redo the design of the lid on the old Clearview lids you don't have that option

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at the tsunami and thought it was a real cool idea.
Did you tell them the measurement for the overflow area or did they have that measurement?
Looking fwd to this one!

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have to measure for the overflow box on the tsunami they have extra large overflow Bridge measurement already on a diagram it's an option but I did have to call them because I was worried about my lights my lights came with the tank because I have a deluxe and I didn't know if I needed to cut out for it the little spot where the light mounts to the tank and talking with them on the phone really sold me on the lid they really did have good customer service in my opinion the guy was more than willing to help me out with everything even though they already had the XL for 25 he asked me to still measure my tank the outside outside dimensions in the inside to inside dimensions in three different spots in my tank so I did and I sent them and diagram but it's just to make sure that if it's proper to your tank

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess when I’m ready I will call them before ordering. Would hate if I screw up and it didn’t fit. Mine is the deluxe also. I received the tank but found a scratch in the glass so they are replacing it. Great company.

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess when I’m ready I will call them before ordering. Would hate if I screw up and it didn’t fit. Mine is the deluxe also. I received the tank but found a scratch in the glass so they are replacing it. Great company.

If you go with the salami like I said there's a diagram and it will show you where they have a cut out for the Overflow technically speaking you don't have to cut out for the Overflow the land will actually sit right on top of it but I like the look of the Overflow being cut out that's my opinion and they just had me measure on the left hand side of the tank the middle of the tank and the right-hand side of the tank drama little diagram take a picture of it and upload it with my order

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really sorry your tank came with a scratch on it I remember the excitement and all the anticipation I had one in my tank came it would have sucked to have to return it and waiting for another one but yes Red Sea is a pretty awesome company they do have good customer service as well I look forward to you getting your tank I look forward to your build thread I look forward to seeing you setting it up I look forward to your progress and I really enjoyed helping you out with any questions you had to ask

Back