Red Sea Reefer XL 425 New Build

tritonpower

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing new yet.
DSC_3121.jpg

Thinking of adding a melanurus wrasse later this year.
I have both melanurus and a Christmas wrasse (the gentle kind). I would consider the Christmas since the melanurus is a clean up crew assassin. Your call but mine goes after hermits, snails, peppermints, and sometimes emerald crabs. It is beautiful though.

OP
OP
Julbra

Julbra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both melanurus and a Christmas wrasse (the gentle kind). I would consider the Christmas since the melanurus is a clean up crew assassin. Your call but mine goes after hermits, snails, peppermints, and sometimes emerald crabs. It is beautiful though.
Thanks for the tip. I don't have any hermits or crabs, only snails and a 2 year old tiger pistol shrimp.

I read that an adult pistol shrimp should be safe from the melanurus. The snails, I am slightly worried about, but it is a stunning fish...

Which snails does yours go after? I'm hoping maybe it wouldn't hunt the bigger trochus or astreas? The money cowries and smaller ceriths would probably be on the snack list though :eek:.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.4%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back