Red Sea Reefer XXL 750 (Gen 2)

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tanks are like a new car. We obsess about them and then eventually relax more and leave them alone more and that is when good things happen and stuff begins to grow. (but don't neglect maintenance)

PS - I flipping hated the Red Sea skimmer... Picky, noisy and you think it is working good and come home to a soaked stand just from all the popping bubbles as the cup overflows.... return that noisy, finicky point of sale.

OP
OP
Smith.Tyler

Smith.Tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heyyyy everyone, so I may have forgot about the build thread, but don't worry I did not forget about the tank. I have made some additions and more are coming soon. I will post a big update this coming Tuesday the 9th. Sorry for the lack of posts work overwhelmed me and I totally forgot about the thread, but check back Tuesday for a update on how the tank is going and what I have added on!

OP
OP
Smith.Tyler

Smith.Tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tanks are like a new car. We obsess about them and then eventually relax more and leave them alone more and that is when good things happen and stuff begins to grow. (but don't neglect maintenance)

PS - I flipping hated the Red Sea skimmer... Picky, noisy and you think it is working good and come home to a soaked stand just from all the popping bubbles as the cup overflows.... return that noisy, finicky point of sale.
The skimmer actually hasn't been too bad for me, haven't had an overflow yet and it doesn't seem to be toooooo noisy.

OP
OP
Smith.Tyler

Smith.Tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well here it is, the long awaited, and somewhat underwhelming update. After not updating this thread for almost half a year I am back and gonna do this for real now. Some decent updates have been made to the tank since then, mostly all mechanical upgrades. So lets get to it, from the sump up. In my sump right now I have a reefmat 1200, 20ish bio media cubes, a RSK 900 skimmer, a Helio 1000w heating system, and a Vectra L2 return pump. In the display we have four mp40s, two xr15 gen6 blues, and two xr30 gen5 pros. Like I said earlier I have made a lot of mechanical changes and additions to the tank so not many livestock changes, however I do have a Clearview lid on the way, and once that arrives it is time to start stocking the tank. Obviously I also need something to monitor the tank parameters as well as have a hub for all of that, so I have a Hydro XP8 and X4. This is something new for me since this is my first time using Hydros, and so far I have no complaints, although I am just scratching the surface with it. Now in terms of water testing. I decided to go with the big guy and got a Mastertronic, which I have yet to setup, thinking about pairing this with a Dosetronic (not sure yet so let me know if you guys have any recommendations/feedback on it). So that is pretty much everything I have done so far. Here are some photos of how the display, sump, and control cabinet look, along with the new Mastertronic I picked up the past week.
Display.jpg

sump.jpg

cab.jpg

mastertron.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back