OP
OP
R

rkh_86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I stopped by my LFS to pick up a few things in the way home and see what she had in regards for a QT setup. I was picking here brain about livestock and she recommend adding the pair of Crosshatch Triggers I want first since I would need a massive QT for them down the road. This way I can acclimate them in the tank before any other livestock or corals get introduced. Anyone have thoughts on this?

OP
OP
R

rkh_86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah pretty much use it as a QT for the Triggers.

Also, not talking about anytime soon here. I will wait until the cycle is complete and everything looks good before I even order them in.

I am planning on doing a 100% fishless cycle.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! I have many of the same components you listed in my Reefer XL 425, in particular the Apex modules for dosing, testing, and auto water changes. If you have any Apex questions, let me know, and check out my 8-part Apex tutorial series here on R2R.

As for fish, I really love my kole tang and tailspot blenny. Both are very peaceful fish, and great personality.

130B02DB-503D-4F0C-9768-1854ED475965.png.bb1aba710a982e863aa8e395c1fbf03e.png

Blenny 18-06-28.jpg

OP
OP
R

rkh_86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup! I have many of the same components you listed in my Reefer XL 425, in particular the Apex modules for dosing, testing, and auto water changes. If you have any Apex questions, let me know, and check out my 8-part Apex tutorial series here on R2R.

As for fish, I really love my kole tang and tailspot blenny. Both are very peaceful fish, and great personality.

130B02DB-503D-4F0C-9768-1854ED475965.png.bb1aba710a982e863aa8e395c1fbf03e.png

Blenny 18-06-28.jpg

That would be awesome! I am sure I will have some questions once I start getting everything dialed in. I have watched a few of your tutorials already. I may need your help with sending a speed signal to the COR20. I’ll watch all the tutorials and mess with it a bit before bugging you.

seaviking73

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heck yeah! I have had my 750 almost a year and it still empty :eek:
did you get the center support brace with the tank? you deff, need that.

nice suction cups BTW wish I had a cpl pair.

keep the updates coming in!
Same here! Mine is still empty....

bjc451

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to test the nitrates yet until the trites go down. Really only need to test ammonia.

OP
OP
R

rkh_86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been awhile since I’ve done an update, been working on some of the technical stuff....building RODI tanks, Salt Tanks, etc.

I just finished my control panel and think it turned out fairly clean.
52D2FBA7-8723-410F-852B-770BDA544DEF.jpeg

I had a HDPE board cut Approximately the same dimensions as the interior of the cabinet, I then 3D printed (4) feet for the board so it would stand up on its own and I wouldn’t have to drill into the Red Sea stand. What is nice is I can turn it sideways and access both the front and back of the panel simultaneously. Left enough slack in all the wires, tubes, etc.

I added the first fish a last weekend. (2) Mocha Storm Clowns and (3) Zebra Bar Gobies. Everyone is happy so far. I also added (12) Nassarius, (12) Trochus, (12) Ceriths, and (5) Emerald Crabs. Everyone is very happy so far. I dipped the fish in Hydroplex before adding them in for 10 mins.
A4D1FFCD-EB71-4D22-9967-60F1A6AB646C.jpeg

(Not a great pic). Sorry

I also setup a fuge in my Sump. I added(24) bio cubes, a bunch of pods, chaeto, a small power head, and a AI Fuge Light.

Finally out the doors on the tank today as well.

A6961A77-32D5-40A6-9A17-95759462F1A2.jpeg

OP
OP
R

rkh_86

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slightly modified sump a bit......got rid of the Red Sea ATO tank and am just using a Apex ATK in the return part of the sump.

I have my dosing lines dumping into where the filter socks would be for the time being.

The blue line is RODI, the red line is old saltwater out, and the white is new saltwater in. Doing all of the water changes with a Dosunit from Apex and have been happy with the results so far. I am amazed that it self primed being that I am sucking water out of my sump approximately 15 feet until it get to the Dos pump.

The Green, Red, and Yellow lines are coming from the Dos pumps in the adjacent cabinet. Green is Kh, Red is Ca, and Yellow is Mg. I am getting the tank parameters under control so it will promote coralline algae ASAP. Has anyone had any luck with buying the Spores

I added an AI Fuge light and Chaeto......really want to get myPod population up. I have put in a few shipments of pods from Algae Barn. I have more coming this next week. I’m going to let the glass build algae so they will rapidly multiply in the display tank as well as the sump.

Here is what the sump looks like now:
image.jpg

Here is an update pic of the control cabinet that houses most everything. The Vortechs controllers are on the back of the tank because I control them through the Apex WXM and don’t ever need to touch them. Although I did make them accessible if that’s ever a problem.

I added a 4th dosing container that fills with the waste from the Trident.

Excuse my dogs snout in the pic.

image.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back