OP
OP
Thunderrap

Thunderrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you! I thought so, they feel like mostly rubber and sealed. The manual aid nothing about them lol. I did email their support to ask so we’ll see what they say as well.

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I purchased them I saw a video on YouTube where the posters mentioned they were sealed and placed the units inside their overflow box. I have them on the outside of my tank so I wasn't concerned but by my visual observation, they appear to be submersible.

Great wave pump by the way. Dead quiet, easy to clean and makes a lot of flow. I use two on a 50 gallon pentagon with one in reverse flow. I had MP10's but all three I have owned has suffered ceramic shaft failures.

OP
OP
Thunderrap

Thunderrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone interested, directly from Red Sea:

Dear Eric,

Thank you for contacting us. The external magnet of the ReefWave is completely sealed and waterproof. We installed ours into the overflow box as well in the office aquarium.

Best regards,

Chanh Tran

Sales Coordinator
Customer Service Supervisor
Red Sea North America
Email: [email protected]
Fax 281-447-1153
4687 World Houston Parkway # 150
Houston, TX 77032

LSU-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to Hijack your thread, has anyone ever replaced the magnets on a reefwave 25 with a stronger one for 3/4" glass. I want to use these on my 90 for the back of the tank pointing down behind the rocks. this will be a barebottom tank and i hate to buy the larger ones just for that....

OP
OP
Thunderrap

Thunderrap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to Hijack your thread, has anyone ever replaced the magnets on a reefwave 25 with a stronger one for 3/4" glass. I want to use these on my 90 for the back of the tank pointing down behind the rocks. this will be a barebottom tank and i hate to buy the larger ones just for that....
Hijack away, I hope you find your answer

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 82.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.1%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.8%
Back