Red sea Regal angelfish added to established tank

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My red sea regal just came on Thursday fully QT from Dr Reef and my goodness what a beauty. I am so happy with how well he is doing. He was eating reliably at the place and he ate tons of brine shrimp today and yesterday. I have other large fish in the tank and especially my bird wrasse definitely is a monster eater but he came right out of his shell is is getting right in with the other fish during feeding! I can totally see why these fish wouldn't normally thrive in this type of setting but that's why I had him fully QT & eating beforehand. Totally worth it. I love that he's young too because my fish are about 12 years old and showing their age (except the starry blenny and flame hawk, they are newer)
But I wanted to share my dream fish. I hope I can provide him a quality diet and life and that he thrives.

20210625_172110.jpg 20210625_172130.jpg 20210624_145700.jpg

CanuckReefer

Simple...Salt, Water, LR, Lighting and Flow.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your third fish in twelve years? If so congrats on the success prior and the new addition. I get nervous beyond belief with my old crew in adding a new dimension. Eibli Angel was my first about 6 months ago since 4 + years. Beautiful fish the Regal, best to you both and tank mates.

OP
OP
SakuraSky

SakuraSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this your third fish in twelve years? If so congrats on the success prior and the new addition. I get nervous beyond belief with my old crew in adding a new dimension. Eibli Angel was my first about 6 months ago since 4 + years. Beautiful fish the Regal, best to you both and tank mates.
I guess I should have clarified lol but didn't want to be too wordy on the post. This is a transported tank, I got with all the fish and everything. I've had it since Oct/Nov but the previous owner has had the fish that long. It came with a maroon clownfish and an 8" hippo tang but I rehomed both of them because the tang was too big and they were both aggressive. Kinda stinks because now the fish are really showing their age, the foxface has hlle and my bird wrasse has a snout tumor and starting to loose scales on his face. But these fish have well exceeded what people have observed to be the normal lifespan so im not concerned with their issues. they won't be around forever unfortunately. I'm excited to have the baby regal though and I HOPE I get to enjoy him as long as these other fish. I have a white tail bristletooth coming soon from Dr Reef and he will be my last addition to the tank until one of the other fish passes away.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back