Red Sea return chamber /Cor15

jordanmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some suggestion, before getting my tank wet. In the middle of my first build. I have a RedSea Reefer 170 with a sump conversion.

Any ideas on the following:

Ideal water level in sump?
Ideal Water level in return chamber which houses my Cor-15

ATO: Tunze 5017 water line is running into main display. Sensors are currently in return chamber. Is this correct.

Not going to be using the water reservoir at this point, i’ve read mixed reviews from other post.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef.

The main chamber water level should be based on your skimmer, assuming you have a skimmer. The skimmer manufacturer will recommend a water level. Make sure you are within this recommended level so that your skimmer will run optimally.

For the return chamber water level. I like to keep it just barely below the main chamber's water level. If it is much lower you tend to get noise and bubbles from the water cascading from the high to low water level. Set the main chamber first, then put your ATO sensor just slightly below the main level in the return chamber.

Running the ATO line to the display will work great and it is what I do myself. It stops any concern about syphon issues.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back