Red Sea Salt Water Reef Tank 425XL

Midas Blen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef Lovers
We just started our Salt Water Tank a few months ago and super duper excited for it yayyy
Happy to be part of a great community!
Actually as I was trying to find out why our flower pot coral started to die and by chance I came accross this lovely forum and after a few searches, registered
As a family we are loving the UnderWater World!!
Stay connected!
Cheers!
Midas Blen Family

7CEBBD99-93BA-48A4-905E-DFA141D9928F.jpeg 124685E3-77BD-492E-900C-24760DD5452D.jpeg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef Lovers
We just started our Salt Water Tank a few months ago and super duper excited for it yayyy
Actually as I was trying to find out why our flower pot coral started to die and by chance I came accross this lovely forum and after a few searches, registered
Stay connected!
Cheers!
Midas Blen Family

7CEBBD99-93BA-48A4-905E-DFA141D9928F.jpeg 124685E3-77BD-492E-900C-24760DD5452D.jpeg
Love that little fire shrimp peeking out his shelter! :)

Awesome tank my dude!!

OP
OP
Midas Blen

Midas Blen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hows the Flower Pot Coral going??
She is dead Had to take her out. Super weird as she was in moderate light & flow and our parameters are ok as well. Now have a couple of more but smaller. Hope thy dont die out too. Any specific advise on feeding?

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is dead Had to take her out. Super weird as she was in moderate light & flow and our parameters are ok as well. Now have a couple of more but smaller. Hope thy dont die out too. Any specific advise on feeding?
Oh! My condolences! :( Flower Pot Corals are iffy.

OP
OP
Midas Blen

Midas Blen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reef Lovers
Stay connected!
Cheers!
Midas Blen Family

Hello Reef Lovers Have a big problem and need your recommendations

Would appreciate if you could share your experience which helped to cure a Blue Tang (my kid’s cute Dory) from Ick/Ich sickness?

Looking forward to hear from you guys‍
Thanks a ton in advance for all guidance‍♀️

EDF8F146-96C7-47FA-AD68-72D8EB8771AB.jpeg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me and all my fish died. No products claiming they are reef safe will be effective. Do you have another tank. Also if it gets to a untreatable point and the fish are dying kill them peacefully using clove oil so they do not die. Hopefully #reefsquad and @Humblefish can help.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I meant suffer not die when I suggested clove oil, kill them peacefully with clove oil so they do not suffer but ONLY when its untreatable, this isn't my strength in this stuff so bump. Hope he gets better.

OP
OP
Midas Blen

Midas Blen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happened to me and all my fish died. No products claiming they are reef safe will be effective. Do you have another tank. Also if it gets to a untreatable point and the fish are dying kill them peacefully using clove oil so they do not die. Hopefully #reefsquad and @Humblefish can help.
Thank you sooo much for the guidance but we dont have any extra tank to put Dory in.
Hope #reefsquad and #Humblefish can get back

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will not recommend to treat this in the DT - all effective drugs I know of will harm corals and other animals in the tank. It is also important to take away the affected fish otherwise it will be so many parasites that also fishes that's not are "super sensitive" for ich will be sick. . Especially in a rather new tank.

Most people here will say - empty the tank from fishes - get a disease tank for the fishes and treat. Wait at least 72 days before you introduce the fishes back

However - I am total aware that most people does not have this possibilities - and sometimes it can work to take out the sick fish (if it will be taken out quickly) - put the fish in a bucket with circulation. Prepare a new bucket with 50 % new saltwater and 50 % old saltwater. Aerate or circulate that too. The next day - move the fish to the new prepared bucket. Clean the old one - fill 50/50 again and the next day move the fish back to the first bucket. Do this back and forward moving for at least 7 days. Do not feed, place the bucket dark, have circulation in the buckets and do not stress the fish otherwise. This will save you sick fish but it i still a huge risk that the parasite still is active in the DT. If your other fish still is healthy it could be possible to transfer back the fish to the DT after around 10 days. It is important with circulation, not feeding and dayly 100 % WC in the buckets for the fish you treat

Observe this can work but there is no guarantees that a sensitive fish like tangs can´t be reinfected in the DT. It is often a question how fast you have moved the sick fish from the DT. Most will recommend you to take out all fishes ASAP, treat and go fallow 72 days.

I have used this method with success for 3 clowns but that was in my old aquarium that was very dense in corals and a mature system (3 years old at that time)

I wish you good luck - whatever method you chose.

Sincerely Lasse

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sooo much for the guidance but we dont have any extra tank to put Dory in.
Hope #reefsquad and #Humblefish can get back

First off welcome to Reef 2 Reef!!

If you bought green flower pots , then pass over them the next time, and when your reef matures try a red one (the red ones are hardier) but there's no guarantee. Pretty sure Reef Roids are meant to feed flower pots and a lot of reefers suggest higher nutrients (dirty water) for keeping flower pots

Bad luck to name a fish... ;Hilarious

@Lasse
Is correct, buy a qt tank, set it up the proper way (Including the below ammonia alert) to be able to treat your Regal tang, isolated from your main display.

Good luck!!

OP
OP
Midas Blen

Midas Blen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef Lovers Have a big problem and need your recommendations

Would appreciate if you could share your experience which helped to cure a Blue Tang (my kid’s cute Dory) from Ick/Ich sickness?

Looking forward to hear from you guys‍
Thanks a ton in advance for all guidance‍♀

EDF8F146-96C7-47FA-AD68-72D8EB8771AB.jpeg
Hi Reef Lovers
Stay connected!
Cheers!
Midas Blen Family

Hiiiiiiii Lovely Reef Lovers
Have 2 questions in Mind and love to hear yr suggestions
1. How to cure ich on clown fish ?

2. One of our snails left his shell completely.
Is this normal? Will he survive? Anything we can be of help?
Look fwd to yr helpful ideas

EB81E89F-07A6-4952-9F84-35F2290E8559.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back