Red Sea Skimmer Lid

Joshua Kerstetter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've already asked someone locally who prints lots of items, but got no response, has anyone printed, or have any interest in printing a lid overlay for the Red Sea RSK skimmer line, basically I want a overlay lid that will capture the air coming out, so it can be sucked back into a CO2 scrubber to then go back into the skimmer intake. I can provide picture and measurements if anyone is interested in this.

TexanCanuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there,

I had the same challenge for my Roof Octopus ... However, I found that the diameter of the lid was larger than what most people are able to print on typical desktop 3D printers.

I want to my local Maker Space and made one out of a sheet of acrylic that I purchased online. I simply used their CNC router to carve out the shape of the lid as well as machine a grove into the underside of the lid where it fits over the cup. I then purchased a length of PVC pipe the diameter of the ring, cut off a section 2" long and then glued it to the underside of the lid.

So if you don't find anyone to print one for you, maybe you could look to see if there is a maker space in your area.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made that for someone else previously. Worked fantastic- actually too good, and they had to modify it to allow more air escape.

149117838_463764475006454_1244286006373403008_n.jpg

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this idea but no printer so I used a food container drilled with 3/8 fitting installed- not a tight fit (tube ends up 3 inches off the lid). Good thing it wasn't a tight fit because the skimmer overflowed 3 times now and the loose fit kept my scrubber from sucking in a lot of water. It also kept my stand from getting covered in water from the skimmer bubbles. When that skimmer overflows all day the massive amount of bubbles flood the stand walls which in turn runs to the floor.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back