Sump Baffle Kits

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
52501.jpg

(Red Sea 525, 425 and 350 style shown above. Shown with the optional clear viewing window.)

17001.jpg

17002.jpg

(Red Sea 250 and 170 style shown above.)

1003_130401.jpg

(Waterbox 100.3/130.4 style shown above.)

"Once you raise the bar, you can never lower it." - Me

Made from 100% high quality, 1/4" cast acrylic, these baffle kits will give your sump separate skimmer and refugium areas. The kits utilize my renown Octo Pods™, with the strongest neodymium magnets available, along with the very strict quality control standards I use to make the pods. These are absolutely the most secure, toughest sump baffle kits available. Fully designed and made by myself, these kits are also adjustable in case there are any dimension variations from the manufacturer. The baffle kits will cut the open area approx. in half. I have kits designed for popular Waterbox and Red Sea sumps, but I can also custom make them to fit just about any sump you have. If you need different dimensions please inquire.

Optional clear viewing window is available. Please be aware this window could allow light to spill into the back chamber.

*Note: These dividers are not guaranteed to raise the water level in your sump. They are simply to divide a single chamber into two chambers. Because flow rate in your sump may be different than someone else's, your water level may not reach the top overflow teeth cut in your baffle. THIS IS NORMAL! The teeth are mainly used for backup, emergency purposes.

*** THE SCREWS SHOULD BE LIGHTLY SNUG AND NOT TOO TIGHT. ***

I use N52 neodymium magnets. Rare earth magnets are not reef safe on their own, so I fabricate custom acrylic pods that encapsulate the magnets and keep them away from your water. Please visit the magnet warning page for more information on these magnets.

BONUS: Get 50% off one of my legendary Octo Strong Heater Holders™ with the purchase of a Red Sea sump baffle kit, just use coupon code "heat" once both are added to the shopping cart!

Order HERE.

Last edited:

mikem

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea sump but not sure what model it is. It's a dual sock holder.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a picture of what they look like

not yet. that’s why i stated i need pictures. i have rough sketches which i could pm to you if you’re interested in a specific model.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updated

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this idea. Can I make a few small modifications since its custom built. Normally I would just DIY this, but if I had to make a living off of my acrylic skills, it would be tough sledding.

Few quick questions so I can come up with a quick concept for you to work from.

Is the depth of the refugium chamber for the 525xl equal to both the socks, ie. ~9" ?

What height are you allowing for? The overflow wall is 10.625". So I'm assuming just slightly taller.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this idea. Can I make a few small modifications since its custom built. Normally I would just DIY this, but if I had to make a living off of my acrylic skills, it would be tough sledding.

Few quick questions so I can come up with a quick concept for you to work from.

Is the depth of the refugium chamber for the 525xl equal to both the socks, ie. ~9" ?

What height are you allowing for? The overflow wall is 10.625". So I'm assuming just slightly taller.

it will go back to the first sock depth, closest to the back panel.

yes slightly taller. the water line for all my kits is just taller than the current water line.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it will go back to the first sock depth, closest to the back panel.

yes slightly taller. the water line for all my kits is just taller than the current water line.

Excellent. Let me finalize the concept.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay. A few extrusions later.

The max height for the right side of the baffle can be 10.50". This will allow for space for the filter sock drop in inserts I use.

Double the baffle with a 1.50" gap to allow for an AquaMesh Pad (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquamesh-blue-3.html). This should keep any strays out of the skimmer chamber.

On the skimmer side baffle add a Octo round double heater holder (color doesn't matter) centered height wise. This will accommodate dual heaters. I use the Jager 250w at 17.78".

Color is in orange for ease of viewing only and I would rely on your other dimensions such as tab to the right for magnets, and total height of baffles, etc.

I have the skimmer chamber width at 19.25" - 19.3125".
Skimmer chamber total depth at 19.25".
Overflow wall height from bottom 10.625".
Inlet wall height from bottom 13.00".
Sock wall ( top of plastic insert) height from bottom 12.125".

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.22.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.41.56 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-10 at 9.22.30 AM.png

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey take a look, I have a triton style sump (fuge in first chamber and skim in second) I picked up a Clarisea roll filter. So now I need to create a baffle or bucket to place the fuge. Also the weir only has a adjustable baffle with no media holder and I get Cheato spillover and strands foul the skimmer needle wheel not to mention detritus when I disturb the fuge. You have any solutions ?
20180408_204706-jpg.718486

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that’s why i hate chaeto and never use it!

not sure i understand what you mean about a bucket for the fuge because of the roller. is this a red sea sump?

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking a container to place the roller filter into , vented on the bottom / parimiter and then place in sump

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking a container to place the roller filter into , vented on the bottom / parimiter and then place in sump

this is a separate custom product. please pm with details of what you’re thinking. thanks!

Maokin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any dimension for the 170 baffle? FYI the order here link is broken.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any dimension for the 170 baffle? FYI the order here link is broken.

its about 10.5” tall and splits the chamber into half.

fixed link thanks.

OP
OP
cromag27

cromag27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
updated photos in first post. :D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Replied to you on ebay and for some reason did not see this. Question about the baffles it states adjustable but for some reason I don't see it. 250 series here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 42 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back