Red Sea Test Kit Not Turning Color It's Supposed To

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received my Red Sea Pro Foundation Test kit, with tests for Mg, Alk, and Ca. I've done the Ca test and it didn't get to the blue it was supposed to get too, but a lighter blue, if it were darker it would have been the color I needed. What do I do if its lighter than it should be and I have used the 1ml of Pro reagant?
Im new to the whole titration testing.
#reefsquad thank you

TheDragonsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it shifted colors and it's a solid color that's what you want. Different lighting may also make it look different. If I remember it right it goes from red to blue correct? So a light blue would be ok

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's in the instructions ;)

Using more than the 1ml syringe means that Ca is above 500ppm (which would be pretty high). The instructions say to refill the syringe and continue to add until you get the correct colour. Add 5ppm to the total for every extra 0.01 ml you use.

It's probably not a factor if you have the whole kit, but I only bought the Ca test. The instructions that come with it covered all three of the foundation tests so I initially started using the instructions for the Mg test, which didn't work out so well!

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as it shifted colors and it's a solid color that's what you want. Different lighting may also make it look different. If I remember it right it goes from red to blue correct? So a light blue would be ok
Yes it went from a bright pink to a blue, and it did so when I had about .10ml left in the syringe, so I think that means my Ca is good.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 33.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back