Red Sea Trace Colors dosing question

Nano30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I currently dose 7.5 ml of All for Reef to keep my parameters stable. From what I understand the Red Sea Trace Colors dosing is a bit confusing and most people go off of Calcium consumption. If my calc is stable then does that mean that I need to figure out the amount of calc that my All for Reef compensates for in a given week?

I've been using Red Sea Reef Energy AB+ and I've seen improvements which is motivating me to try the Trace Colors. The Energy is simple to figure out how much to dose. I dose 4 ml for my 30 gallon. I don't know if that would have any effect on Trace Colors dosing or not.

If anyone can guide me in the right direction then I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for reef has trace elements. Do not dose the red sea trace elements unless you have testing that shows your all for reef is not maintaining them.

OP
OP
N

Nano30

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All for reef has trace elements. Do not dose the red sea trace elements unless you have testing that shows your all for reef is not maintaining them.
Thanks, that makes sense and I didn't consider the fact that AfR includes trace elements. Perhaps I will test and go from there.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, that makes sense and I didn't consider the fact that AfR includes trace elements. Perhaps I will test and go from there.

Salifert makes some not too difficult trace tests if you wanted to test them. However, I am skeptical that trace elements really have anything to do with color given that chromoproteins (what the companies refer to) are not made of trace elements and that different companies conflict with what color is linked to what trace element. Lighting, nitrate, and phosphate, should be a stronger influencer of color.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back