Red slime?

punkieg0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been battling some algae in my new Waterbox 20 cube. I seem to be gaining a bit but I have this red, I would say slimy algae popping up now. I have tried putting it out but that doesn’t really work, I have not been successful in siphoning during water changes either.
I have vibrant and I also have chemiclean. Is there a preference for treatment?
It seems to be spreading pretty quick. I only have fish and the live rock isn’t he tank- no corals.

6CE1AF9A-EA05-4213-B6D0-DF324BB3A3EB.jpeg

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A better picture would help. But if it's Cyano, which is often called red slime, then ChemiClean is the way to go if you need to. It usually subsides on its own with time. Generally part of the "New tank uglies"

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
On the very top of rock, I see cyano.
As mentioned chemiClean is the top dog to defeat it. Mix with a little aquarium water and poor into direction of water flow to distribute it nicely into tank.

1585617548043.png

OP
OP
punkieg0

punkieg0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A better picture would help. But if it's Cyano, which is often called red slime, then ChemiClean is the way to go if you need to. It usually subsides on its own with time. Generally part of the "New tank uglies"
I didn’t think of it until later but I can get a better photo tomorrow. As long as it’s just part of the process I am happy leave it alone. I just thought the red was bad.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back