Red spot on Pyramid, treat now or wait?

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, day 14 of kanaplex/furan-2/metro. The spot is not completely gone, but it has gotten smaller. Hard to tell from the pictures, but it is starting to look more like a scar or scab, than an infection.

Meredith suggested earlier that I can go a few more days beyond day 14, and I think I will do that, then pull the meds and wait and see what happens.
pyramid9.jpg
That's a good course of action. It's definitely looking better! I'd give it another three days or so.

Last edited:
OP
OP
foxt

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, will keep this thread posted with results. I've run in to so many threads that seem to just stop after treatment, and am left to wonder - how did it turn out?

OP
OP
foxt

foxt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stopped meds on 10/1 (about 16 days after I started). Did 50% water change, and started carbon. Now, 8 days later, no signs of the original infection - looking good! I will pull the carbon and start prazi now.

Fish has been in QT since 9/15. Through the course of meds, there were no signs of any other issues. I am thinking that I will finish two rounds of prazi now, and then in about two weeks, I can move the fish to DT - sound good?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish has been in QT since 9/15. Through the course of meds, there were no signs of any other issues. I am thinking that I will finish two rounds of prazi now, and then in about two weeks, I can move the fish to DT - sound good?

BigThumbsUp.gif

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back