Red toothed trigger fish hiding in one spot and not moving

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m worried about my red toothed trigger fish. I’ve had it for 2 years and he’s been doing great, very active and fun to watch. Around 4 days ago I noticed he wasn’t swimming around as much and was hiding at the back of the tank wedged in between the tank and the UV sterilizer. He hasn’t been coming out for feeding at all either. This just happened suddenly which I find weird. I’ve changed nothing in the tank and all the other fish are fine. Does anyone know what could be going on? I tried dropping food right over top of him but he doesn’t seem interested. He really looks like he’ll die soon. Is this normal for a healthy fish to just get sick like this? Any info would be great, thanks! Here’s a pic of him, it’s kind of hard to see.

8747D977-A3A4-40DA-A747-166AECDD98F5.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No not at all he likes that place to hide out. Mostly he just went there at night to sleep but now it’s all the time. I pushed him to make sure and he just swam right back.

OP
OP
M

msavoy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tried hand feeding him some shrimp and he was reluctant at first but after rubbing it across his face for a while he ate it. He actually ate 3 big pieces. I’ll try hand feeding him for the next few days to see if that helps. I’m scared maybe I’ve been under feeding him, but he always seems to eat his fair share at feeding time.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back