Redbeard's Re-Imagined NSA

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have enjoyed the aquascape in my 75, but it is lacking in coral placement options and places for fish to sleep. Having been around the block once now i kinda(ish) have an idea of what i am going for, hopefully reality isnt too far from what i see in my head.
This is what I started with:
20210131_193806.jpg

Not terrible, but as i mentioned, is missing the mark in a few places.
One of my friends took down a tank for his mother in law and was going to toss all the rock, i talked him into letting me have it in trade for some freshwater stuff i had. Here is a little over half of it, bleach cured and settled out in clean water a few months:
20210508_174421.jpg

If i need more it'll be a bit as i only cured this much, thats all that fit in my 35g brute lol :)
As stated in the title i am shooting for an NSA look with lots of room for corals and fish to hang out. Foxface needs a bedroom too.
As i already had the rock and needed a foundation, I decided to make some:
20210508_180315.jpg

I think it turned out pretty good! Thats just a tile blade in the Sawzall. Would have been much easier with an actual tile saw though.
Am going to try and get all the chunks broken up tonight, but i may take some time getting this right. I am not in a rush and dont want to get it in the tank and decide i hate it :) 20210508_180315.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back