Redhead Elegant Pseudochromis and sexing

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have what I believe to be a male Elegant pseudochromis and have been looking for info as to what the female look like or a way to sex them.....I know ORA has been breeding them and sent them a message about it. They have not returned my e-mail......I am wondering if anybody knows anything on how to sex them. I seen Divers Den has a few that were less colorful or more drab then the one I have. Allot of times with fish as we all know the females tend to be not as colorful as the males....I want to pick one up but don't want to get another possiable male....any info would be great, I am going to send ORA another e-mail but they don't seem to be all that helpful.

James

I

inactive

View Badges
Pseudochromis are extremely difficult to sex... I can't even tell the different between my orchid pair. Non Pseudochromis "Dottybacks" are usually apples and oranges.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's good to know but not good news anyway.....ORA still hasn't e-mailed me back.....It is one of the cooliest fish easy in my top 5 and the color of it is superb, would like toget a female for it or a male which ever.....Did you ever get yours?

I

inactive

View Badges
Still working on it, the new areas are not ready for new residents yet.

I have:
ORA Orchid M/F
ORA Arabian
ORA Flavertix

Waiting to hear back for the others.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you buy direct from them? I thought you had to go through a LFS or something.....I am going to fire off another e-mail.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back