• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

RedSea 250 Reefer in black - So Calif. 91007

swimmingswammi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this set up for a few years. I think I am the second owner. The tank is clean. I cannot find any scratches. The tank runs quiet. Please find a video here. The tank overheated over Labor Day and almost everything died (some GSP and a rock nem – and lots of hair algae remain). I do not know if the rock is live. I added one Diamondback Goby and a clean up crew since then. The goby comes out every once in a while. My Radion’s were set at 24% so I have had a hair algae problem. You will need to bring your own moving crew. I have a weak back and cannot lift anything beyond 60#s. Pick up in Arcadia 91007.

The set up has some minor issues:

1 - Coupling for the Overflow Down Pipe (center in pictures and video) is broken; I over tightened it. It does not leak and shows no salt creep, mostly because it has never overflowed. The replacement part is c $16.89 at Marine and Reef.

2 - The Sump Valved Downpipe coupling is also damaged (the pipe on the right in the pictures and video). The salt creep has not been touched in probably a year or more. The replacement part is $76.

3 – The Bubble Magus Skimmer top has an acrylic skirt that has been cracked and glued back together. It does not appear to impact the functioning of it.

4 - Not pictured is the ATO water reserve which is new in box. I never figured out how to run it lol. But most people do not seem to use it.

5 – The return pump is not stock. It was changed out to a Jebao DCT-6000 Marine Controllable Water Pump – 42 Watt, Aug 2019.

6 – The chiller in the picture stopped working thus the sale. I have never tried to fix this one. I think they are impossible to fix. But it is free if you want it.

7 – The left cabinet door push out mechanism does not work. It appears fronzen.

Price is $900 OBO. This includes the above, plus the JBJ ATO with Tom’s Aqualifter, two Eheim heaters, Jebao PP-4 Wavemaker with Controller, refugium light, temperature controller.

Options for the buyer only (offers will be ignored; they will be posted later after the tank is sold):

1 - EcoTech MP 10 has a loose wire. Not sure if this is the Quiet Drive but I cannot hear this thing at all. Wire has been loose for years and has not given me any problems. Asking: $100. New $299.

2 – Radion XR15w G4 Pro with mounting brackets. New $400 + $103. Asking: Light alone $250, with bracket $320 each. I have the boxes in great condition if you want them too.

Thanks for looking!
Craig

20201024_215428.jpg 20201024_215438.jpg 20201024_215445.jpg 20201024_215640.jpg 20201024_221009.jpg

NYreefNOOB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ill take 1 - EcoTech MP 10 has a loose wire. Not sure if this is the Quiet Drive but I cannot hear this thing at all. Wire has been loose for years and has not given me any problems. Asking: $100. New $299.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back