REDSEA 525 sump divider

jojoe925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wondering if any of my reefers know a company that makes a divider in the red sea reefers sump so i can put a refuge in? or options to do it so i don't have to buy another sump and save money! thank you

Rory's Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one's I've heard of are the Reefdreams Baffle Kits, but they're located in the UK so depending on your location that may or may not help you.

What is your primary use of the fuge?

Myself, along with many others, have turned the ATO container that comes with the Reefer into a fuge. But this really only acts as a copepod breeding area, not very useful for nutrient export as it's so small. You would of course need to get a different ATO container, but I would recommend that anyways, IME, the provided one is too small.

If you do want it for nutrient export, I would recommend getting a new sump or a baffle kit. Maybe someone with experience with the baffle kits can help you more with those.

OP
OP
jojoe925

jojoe925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one's I've heard of are the Reefdreams Baffle Kits, but they're located in the UK so depending on your location that may or may not help you.

What is your primary use of the fuge?

Myself, along with many others, have turned the ATO container that comes with the Reefer into a fuge. But this really only acts as a copepod breeding area, not very useful for nutrient export as it's so small. You would of course need to get a different ATO container, but I would recommend that anyways, IME, the provided one is too small.

If you do want it for nutrient export, I would recommend getting a new sump or a baffle kit. Maybe someone with experience with the baffle kits can help you more with those.

thanks. I'm actually trying to figure out exactly what i want to do before i buy the 525 and start my life as a reefer. yea I'm in the states on east coast so idk if that company will help. i was thinking of getting a separate ATO unit but i would need another place/container to for the ATO res.

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it for a while I bought an acrylic sheet from Home Depot cut it to fit and drill a ton of holes in it for flow. I used it to seperate the center chamber of the sump into two with the skimmer in the first half and a fugue in the second.

OP
OP
jojoe925

jojoe925

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it for a while I bought an acrylic sheet from Home Depot cut it to fit and drill a ton of holes in it for flow. I used it to seperate the center chamber of the sump into two with the skimmer in the first half and a fugue in the second.

thats what i was thinking. separate the middle chamber, how did it work out for you? I'm just weighing out my options. I know i rather prefer a normal sump but trying to make due with what reduce gives.

andrew james

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I worked very well but I decided to go another way and needed the space.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back