Redsea 90 and new WiFi router

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m needing to change to a new Router and the only item on my aquarium that I can’t change the WiFi setup/password is my Redsea 90 lights. Do I just delete them and start over? Surly there is a way to just look for a new WiFi and swap password??
Thank you for any advice.

OP
OP
Wildblue4

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not that I could find in my ReefBeat app. You could try reaching out to Red Sea? Barring that, deleting and re-adding is probably your only recourse.
Thank you and in fact I did talk to Red Sea and in fact you do have to delete all of your equipment and reinstall them one at a time to change over to a different Router.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and in fact I did talk to Red Sea and in fact you do have to delete all of your equipment and reinstall them one at a time to change over to a different Router.
Why not set up your new router with the same WiFi SSID and password as the old one?

Save yourself reconfiguring every device in the house.

Sneak

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can keep the same settings if you change your router name and password to match your old one

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m needing to change to a new Router and the only item on my aquarium that I can’t change the WiFi setup/password is my Redsea 90 lights. Do I just delete them and start over? Surly there is a way to just look for a new WiFi and swap password??
Thank you for any advice.
I think theres a reset button on the physical light that you press and hold to factory reset the light then re connect them. This is what I remember seeing when I set my 90s up. Should be by the button that glows with the wi fi symbol if I remember right

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sucks! I need to do this as my router needs to be replaced. Red Sea needs to have some sort of backup config for cases like this.

OP
OP
Wildblue4

Wildblue4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this sucks! I need to do this as my router needs to be replaced. Red Sea needs to have some sort of backup config for cases like this.
Why not set up your new router with the same WiFi SSID and password as the old one?

Save yourself reconfiguring every device in the house.
Do what @gbroadbridge said. Look it up if you don’t understand what he’s talking about. I googled it. When you set up your new Router just make the SSID and password match from the old one. Tip. Look up the SSID on the Router you’re running now, screen shot it and make it the new SSID on the new Router. Very easy. I did it and I’m no computer person.

Rob3D2018

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do what @gbroadbridge said. Look it up if you don’t understand what he’s talking about. I googled it. When you set up your new Router just make the SSID and password match from the old one. Tip. Look up the SSID on the Router you’re running now, screen shot it and make it the new SSID on the new Router. Very easy. I did it and I’m no computer person.
I got it fixed. The issue was that my new router had the 192.x.x.x address model which I hate. Prefer the 10.x.x.x

All good now.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back