RedSea Colors program or Korallen-Zucht Coral System

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Redsea colors program for about 8 months and everything in the tank looks great. Now BRS just posted KZ new non zeovit color program. I put both products side by side and KZ does offer more elements. Now I have yet to find any reviews on the new product and i think thats really the only thing stopping me from dropping $125. Has anyone used it or heard any kind of a review. If not i guess i might be the first haha..

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why change whats working for you?

Let results from others chime in
I did very well with my zeovit system and love kz products. so now that they offer non zeovit systems these kinds of elements its so hard to pass up on.

Setlock13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, I am also in the same predicament. Debating between these two or triton method. I use KZ Aminos and pohls with the Red Sea program with good results just no crazy zeo yellows and reds present

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased the 250ml kit and that will give me approx 10 weeks of dosing. Ill be doing a complete setup and review on my channel. Its 2x the price to dose this instead of redsea it better blow my mind to justify it

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why change whats working for you?

I have to agree with this comment. I realize it's your tank and your decision, but there's nothing wrong with the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage. Maybe when something changes or takes a turn backwards, then consider alternatives?

Obviously your call and I wish you nothing but the best of luck with the decision.

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with this comment. I realize it's your tank and your decision, but there's nothing wrong with the old "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" adage. Maybe when something changes or takes a turn backwards, then consider alternatives?

Obviously your call and I wish you nothing but the best of luck with the decision.
Im going to give it try to see how well it does and give everyone a review.

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested to see how this turns out. I saw the new Korallen-Zucht products but wasn't sure the quality of them. I didn't realize it was twice as expensive as Red Sea though.

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
**** i even get red sea at wholesale and its $60 for 25 weeks worth and kz was 73 for 10 weeks.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feed a ton of nutricell everyday.. :D
I'm all for cheaper stuff but KZ seems to be a bit pricey.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using Redsea colors program for about 8 months and everything in the tank looks great. Now BRS just posted KZ new non zeovit color program. I put both products side by side and KZ does offer more elements. Now I have yet to find any reviews on the new product and i think thats really the only thing stopping me from dropping $125. Has anyone used it or heard any kind of a review. If not i guess i might be the first haha..

When you first started the Red Sea colors, did you see any significant changes?

OP
OP
FishOfHex

FishOfHex

Reefer & 3D Printer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But then there were improvements that you can clearly attribute to that change and not other changes?
Everything else in the system has not change except one thing. Same amount of water changed by weekly with same salt. Gfo and carbon amounts and change out the same. Added a couple fish. Feeding foods and frequency the same. The only thing different is the light intensity is a little lower but i just recently did that about a month ago and it went from 100 blues to 70 and 70 whites to 50. But thats it i dose 3ml of each daily, im currently at 147ml of cal and 147 of alk with 2ml of mag daily. With ramping blues on for 13 hrs whites 11. I use kz coral vit daily and coral snow every other day. But again those have been the same. I do like kz products so im willing to see how this new one works out.

Kungpaoshizi

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is nutricell? I tried to google it and came up with a treatment for hair.

Love this stuff! If I ever see necrosis happening, I add large quantities of this, more than half of the time it resolves it. I assume it's a lack of food in most cases, but I suspect it sticks to the mucous easier, thus creating a nutritious film on every coral.

Joel B in FL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this stuff! If I ever see necrosis happening, I add large quantities of this, more than half of the time it resolves it. I assume it's a lack of food in most cases, but I suspect it sticks to the mucous easier, thus creating a nutritious film on every coral.

Thanks I will give it a try.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 41.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 30.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back