RedSea Max Nano Scape thoughts?

iBeech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've just picked up a second hand Max Nano tank. Got some D-D rock through and just playing around. I'm pretty happy with how this looks. Has a nice cave going through the middle, places to hide at the back as well as plenty of places for coral.

Thoughts and opinions are super helpful

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good for such as small space. If I were going to do anything different it would be to break up the rock into smaller pieces and build structure using glue/mortar which will make the space feel bigger. Once it is covered with coral you won't see it though anyways......good job :)

OP
OP
iBeech

iBeech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it looks good for such as small space. If I were going to do anything different it would be to break up the rock into smaller pieces and build structure using glue/mortar which will make the space feel bigger. Once it is covered with coral you won't see it though anyways......good job :)
Thanks. I'm not quite prepared to break it down and start cementing. Maybe I'll tear it down in a couple of years and rebuild it this way, but for now, I'm quite happy. I have a Reefer 350 downstairs and the scape in there is simply awful. I'm going to completely redo it.

This tank is designed as a budget build so I can should my colleagues who are interested in the hobby how a reasonably priced system (Sub £500) can be achieved.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back