RedSea Nano Max Peninsula build (26 gallon)

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
today i finally decided to start a big project that i have been planning for a very long time. For these past couple of years in the hobby, i've constantly upgrading my tanks from a 10 gallon all the way to a 120, little did i realized, I did not like larger tanks like i thought i would. So after selling my 120, i've finally decided to go back to the nano route, to where I first find joy in the hobby. Bellow is the list of equipment that i will be using for this build, as well as my plans for the future with this system, stocking wise as well.
Hardware:
- All the stock equipment that comes with the tank
- Redsea Reefer 50 LED
- Redsea Nano Skimmer
- Gravity fed ATO (~.25 gal)
- Dosing : Jebao dp-4
- wavemaker : Nero 3
- Eheim 200w heater
- ~13, 14lbs of caribsea nano arches life rock
- Caribsea fiji pink livesand
- dosed with seeds and Fritz Turbo start

planned fish:
x2 mocha gladiator clowns
x1 cleaner shrimps
( can you guys recommend me a good nano fish?)

planned corals:
- red montipora
- grafted monti
- euphylias
- blasto
- acans
- (maybe some acros? red planet, walt disney and pc rainbow are my favorites)
Here are some pictures of the tank as well as the scape i have for it right now.
1659945088710.png

1659945120772.png

1659945161954.png

^this catfish is a bit big for this system

I also created an unboxing video for this tank and hopefully will make a series of this tank in the future.
This is as far as i can get to tonight, so i will keep everyone updated!
feel free to drop any questions or suggestions! thank you very much

This is the first video i've ever made in my life as well, please give me critics so i can improve on my next one

Last edited:

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely amazing, I've been hoping someone would do an RS Nano Peninsula build. Looking forward to progress and updates on this tank. I went with the buget minded JBJ for a starter tank, this is one is on my list to replace the JBJ.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is absolutely amazing, I've been hoping someone would do an RS Nano Peninsula build. Looking forward to progress and updates on this tank. I went with the buget minded JBJ for a starter tank, this is one is on my list to replace the JBJ.
Thank you! I am too super excited to get this project up and running! I was planning to get a jbj at first too, but I decided to go big or nothing haha

AJnanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
today i finally decided to start a big project that i have been planning for a very long time. For these past couple of years in the hobby, i've constantly upgrading my tanks from a 10 gallon all the way to a 120, little did i realized, I did not like larger tanks like i thought i would. So after selling my 120, i've finally decided to go back to the nano route, to where I first find joy in the hobby. Bellow is the list of equipment that i will be using for this build, as well as my plans for the future with this system, stocking wise as well.
Hardware:
- All the stock equipment that comes with the tank
- Redsea Reefer 50 LED
- Redsea Nano Skimmer
- Gravity fed ATO (~.25 gal)
- Dosing : Jebao dp-4
- wavemaker : Nero 3
- Eheim 200w heater
- ~13, 14lbs of caribsea nano arches life rock
- Caribsea fiji pink livesand
- dosed with seeds and Fritz Turbo start

planned fish:
x2 black storms clownfish
x1 cleaner shrimps
( can you guys recommend me a good nano fish?)

planned corals:
- some birdnest
- red montipora
- grafted monti
- euphylias
- blasto
- acans
- elegance
- (maybe some acros? red planet, walt disney and pc rainbow are my favorites)
Here are some pictures of the tank as well as the scape i have for it right now.
1659945088710.png

1659945120772.png

1659945161954.png

^this catfish is a bit big for this system

I also created an unboxing video for this tank and hopefully will make a series of this tank in the future.
This is as far as i can get to tonight, so i will keep everyone updated!
feel free to drop any questions or suggestions! thank you very much

This is the first video i've ever made in my life as well, please give me critics so i can improve on my next one

I got one also a week ago. Just setting it up.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you everyone! The tank has finally finished cycling over the weekend! (I used old rocks and fritz turbo start for faster cycling). And I've added the first batch of corals. I'm thinking of adding a swissgard basselet first and some sort of wrasse, but I'm trying to stay away from the 6 lines. Do you guys have any recommendations? Would pink streak be a good option? Or possum wrasse?

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a quality picture, but I'm acclimating them to LED lighting before moving them to their final position

Attachments

• 20220811_205211.jpg
    20220811_205211.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 157

wwarby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank :) Love the choices you've made with the aquascape and the brightly coloured corals. I know practically nothing about corals yet but that's one of the nicest looking sets I've seen, so I hope my Max Nano looks half as good when it's set up. Following along...

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome looking tank :) Love the choices you've made with the aquascape and the brightly coloured corals. I know practically nothing about corals yet but that's one of the nicest looking sets I've seen, so I hope my Max Nano looks half as good when it's set up. Following along...
Thank you, i'm flattered. All the corals I have in my tank are the ones i've always wanted to keep for a very long time. Just never had a budget for em before. Buying from other hobbyst really saved me a lot of $ haha

Back