RedSea Nano Max Peninsula build (26 gallon)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this for sure!
I restarted my journey of nanos with a Max Nano (Recently upgraded to a 3’ 20g) and would love to see what way you take with it longterm :)

TheyGaveItToMe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with the Jebao DP dosing pumps. I have one head that isn't consistent. Every time I have tried to calibrate it it will dose anywhere from 90 to 110 ml with the same calibration setting. The other head is dead on after calibration.

So after I figuring out my daily evaporation, I divided the amount by 6 and use the inconsistent head to dose RODI water every 4 hours. It is good enough for that, but would not trust it to dose alkalinity or calcium.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following this for sure!
I restarted my journey of nanos with a Max Nano (Recently upgraded to a 3’ 20g) and would love to see what way you take with it longterm :)
Nano tank has a special place in my heart haha. I had a 120 for a year and a half, but decided that big tank wasn't for me at all

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with the Jebao DP dosing pumps. I have one head that isn't consistent. Every time I have tried to calibrate it it will dose anywhere from 90 to 110 ml with the same calibration setting. The other head is dead on after calibration.

So after I figuring out my daily evaporation, I divided the amount by 6 and use the inconsistent head to dose RODI water every 4 hours. It is good enough for that, but would not trust it to dose alkalinity or calcium.
Thanks for the heads up. At the moment I'm still dosing manually. But with that being said, I might just go and invest in an ecotech dosing unit or a redsea dosing unit. Just to be safe

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nano tank has a special place in my heart haha. I had a 120 for a year and a half, but decided that big tank wasn't for me at all
Nanos are my favourite things to mess with. There’s just so many fish that you can’t have in larger tanks but can have in smaller tanks.

nvcheeko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iv had Redsea 4 doser since release works great never had issue. way better then Coral Box too I have GHL Controller and i still got the Red Sea small and easy to setup

Shanephillips27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along

Hello I have a redsea nano max peninsula cube 26 gallon model. And currently have 2 ocellaris clowns and a royal gramma. I would like to know if these fish will be fine long term in this tank thank you as upgrading is out of the question.

lelolai15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along

Hello I have a redsea nano max peninsula cube 26 gallon model. And currently have 2 ocellaris clowns and a royal gramma. I would like to know if these fish will be fine long term in this tank thank you as upgrading is out of the question.
Yes you should be fine. I have had the same exact fish in my tank (Max Nano) for the past two years and they are doing just find. I just recently added an orange spotted goby to the tank and they all get along.

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along

Very late response, but I currently have 2 clowns, a candy bass and a starry blenny in the tank. And they're doing fine together for 6 months now. It'll definitely be their permanent home

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I completely forgot about this build thread since I started due to been caught up with work and my tank has just been on auto pilot for the past year. But I'm really excited now that I've finally settled down, definitely will invest more time into this project.

I've been using the reefled that goes with the tank for a year now, and I notice some growth on my hammers, monti and leathers. But no luck on torches, blasto. I'm looking into changing into kessil, but I'm not sure if I should go with a160 or a360. Does anyone have any experience with kessil light on nano peninsula tank?

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today marks the birthday of the nano peninsula. It is absolutely crazy to see the picture of the tank when first added water and recently.

There have been some harsh moment while keeping this tank, like the heater busted in the beginning of the year and cooked majority of the corals and fish, I was close to quit the hobby, but I kept the tank and see how much it has grown since then.

8/12/22
20220808_125745.jpg

today, 8/12/23

20230812_183145.jpg

introducing my cat to her new siblings:

20230506_174026.jpg

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally decided to do somewhat of a wire management today. Not the best one out there, but I'm glad I finally had the time to organize things under the cabinet.

Now I can somewhat be proud when I open the door when someone asks what's underneath

received_297975132919923.jpeg

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally decided to do somewhat of a wire management today. Not the best one out there, but I'm glad I finally had the time to organize things under the cabinet.

Now I can somewhat be proud when I open the door when someone asks what's underneath

I’m surprised you have the patience to do wire management. I start it usually then give up once I’ve done 2 wires and just stare at about 50 others.

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wire management looks good!

OP
OP
Khoi_La

Khoi_La

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m surprised you have the patience to do wire management. I start it usually then give up once I’ve done 2 wires and just stare at about 50 others.
I'm no expert myself, and my DYI skills are non existence, so this "little project" became a 3 hour struggling with wires lol. One good thing is i don't have too many equipment so not too many wire to worry about. I'm glad im not doing SPS at the moment, then i will have to look into dosing pumps then @@

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back