REDSEA Potassium refill kit with Lot Number 467 is defective!!!!

Jurgen Frenz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I ordered a Redsea potassium refill kit from BRS a week ago and it had an expiration date of 09/2019, that means I’d only get 4 months of use. I tested my water and the potassium cane out to 452ppm. My previous Potassium Redsea test kit which has an expiration date of 05/2019 came out with a test result of 407ppm. So initially I though maybe my old one was wrong. The. I tested a new batch of saltwater from a Redsea blue bucket and the results of the newest Potassium test kit was again 452ppm. This prompted me to investigate further to see if it was a defective kit. Firstly, after adding reagent B from the potassium test it wasn’t causing the turbidity that should happens immediately after Reagent B is dosed, warning number one. Then I tested regular RO water and it gave me a result of 452ppm again. I contacted Redsea and then pictures of the results. They said it was defective and sent me a new refill kit. I opened the refill kit and saw that again it was from LOT 467 with the expiration date 09/2019. I tested my tank water and my friends tank water and again both came out to 452ppm. Then tested RO water and got 452ppm. It also does not cause the turbidity after adding reagent B. Very frustrated from this!!!

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the report and understand your frustration

Can you post the lot # on the Red Sea sponsor forum?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back