Redsea Reef Energy AB+ Dosing Questions

dmward1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking at using Redsea Reef Energy AB+. So I have a 20 Cube tank that i have worked out is 19 Gallons. The instructions on the AB+ bottle say 4ml per 15 gallons daily. So that works out to just over 3 ml per day in my system. BUT..... The Redsea Wizard on their website says .7ml per day?

Which is correct. What are other folks dosing with success?

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose double what they recommend daily and have no issues with parameters. Been doing it now for 3 months. I dont think your exact measurement really matters that much personally.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot will depend on the nutrient levels in the tank, my nitrate levels area round 25 so I only use reef energy and reef roids every few weeks/month or longer. You don’t need to use it every day, I certainly don’t anyway and have 2 full blown reef tanks.

If your running near zero nutrient levels then you will need to use it more often.

Aldrinlights

Reeth Huthbandry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you manually dose or have it through a dosing pump?
I manually dose as it can only be unrefrigerated for a week at a time. I dont want to deal with the hassle of cleaning the dosing pump, dispensing bottle, and hoses every week. Also I run a ultra Low Range nutrient tank. I actually have to dose nitrates to keep them up as well.

OP
OP
D

dmward1978

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I manually dose as it can only be unrefrigerated for a week at a time. I dont want to deal with the hassle of cleaning the dosing pump, dispensing bottle, and hoses every week. Also I run a ultra Low Range nutrient tank. I actually have to dose nitrates to keep them up as well.
What do you use to dose nitrates?

ellenbi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ab+ reef energy for 10 gallon tank how many ml ,and how many days per week, can you help me know how to use, thank you

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 143 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back