Reef-A-Palooza and meeting the Rev

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great day and better when I got to meet the Rev and his wife. Nicer folks you cannot meet!!!
At the last minute I decided to take a run to Reef-A-Palooza, I had no intention on going this year because my tank is still young and I saw no real need to go. The wife urged me to go and boy am I glad I did!!!

I walked over to the Reef2Reef stand in hopes of meeting the Rev, I really did not expect to meet him but you never know. I was greeted by his wife who saw me carrying bags with frags and immediately offered me a larger bag to place my purchases into. I asked if the Rev was there and she said he'd be right back and we chatted for a few minutes regarding the site, my purchases and pleasantries.
The Rev came back within a few moments and I introduced myself and to my surprise he knew who I was off of my posts here. I was more than surprised. We chatted about the site, the event and all I can say is if you ever get a chance to speak with him and his wife, do it, they are wonderful people who care about the site, the hobby and the members here. Again, you cannot meet nicer people.

The other great thing that happened was that I was looking over a Gold Maxima clam that I knew had to be valued over $200 easy. I got the courage to ask how much it was and a young man told me it was $275.00. The color on this thing is exceptional.
Again, I had no intention on buying a clam but just then the owner of the booth looked over at me, saw that I was wearing a shirt which denoted I am a Veteran and he told the young man to give me the clam for $75.00. I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! The young man said are you sure to which the owner said to me, I like your shirt, thank you for your service, enjoy the clam. I am not going to lie, I got a bit emotional, thanked him and the young man said, you made a killing sir. I laughed and paid him.
I made a few purchases but the clam is special!!!
Sorry for the long winded post, but today was indeed special.
Thanks to the Rev, his wife and that vendor!!!
20210627_111817.jpg

Last edited:

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome story about the clam! You earned it.

I visited the R2R booth as well. And, as luck would have it, I had my partner member short from 2020 on. I tried to cover the logo but I was too late! Had a good laugh with them... had a great time there yesterday.

Oh, and we NEED pics of your new clam.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was a great day and better when I got to meet the Rev and his wife. Nicer folks you cannot meet!!!
At the last minute I decided to take a run to Reef-A-Palooza, I had no intention on going this year because my tank is still young and I saw no real need to go. The wife urged me to go and boy am I glad I did!!!

I walked over to the Reef2Reef stand in hopes of meeting the Rev, I really did not expect to meet him but you never know. I was greeted by his wife who saw me carrying bags with frags and immediately offered me a larger bag to place my purchases into. I asked if the Rev was there and she said he'd be right back and we chatted for a few minutes regarding the site, my purchases and pleasantries.
The Rev came back within a few moments and I introduced myself and to my surprise he knew who I was off of my posts here. I was more than surprised. We chatted about the site, the event and all I can say is if you ever get a chance to speak with him and his wife, do it, they are wonderful people who care about the site, the hobby and the members here. Again, you cannot meet nicer people.

The other great thing that happened was that I was looking over a Gold Maxima clam that I knew had to be valued over $200 easy. I got the courage to ask how much it was and a young man told me it was $275.00. The color on this thing is exceptional.
Again, I had no intention on buying a clam but just then the owner of the booth looked over at me, saw that I was wearing a shirt which denoted I am a Veteran and he told the young man to give me the clam for $75.00. I WAS BLOWN AWAY!!! The young man said are you sure to which the owner said to me, I like your shirt, thank you for your service, enjoy the clam. I am not going to lie, I got a bit emotional, thanked him and the young man said, you made a killing sir. I laughed and paid him.
I made a few purchases but the clam is special!!!
Sorry for the long winded post, but today was indeed special.
Thanks to the Rev, his wife and that vendor!!!
20210627_111817.jpg

Oh man this gets me right in the feels! HA! It was an honor to meet you as well as other members of the forum. Super cool chatting with you about your daughter and us being old men now. HA! Glad you had fun and I'm humbled by the kind words, I really am.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome story about the clam! You earned it.

I visited the R2R booth as well. And, as luck would have it, I had my partner member short from 2020 on. I tried to cover the logo but I was too late! Had a good laugh with them... had a great time there yesterday.

Oh, and we NEED pics of your new clam.

It was great seeing you as well and yes I remember you and your shirt! Thanks for coming to the booth!

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was great seeing you as well and yes I remember you and your shirt! Thanks for coming to the booth!
Was great meeting you both! Feel free to send shirts this way. You know, so I can wear one at the next show. Free advertising and all that.

Snl Smile GIF by Saturday Night Live

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back