Reef-a-Palooza California! Who’s going?!

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would still push her around in a stroller... And pile up a bunch of corals on top of her...

Yeah..... but when she got in free it was worth some inconvenience. Paying $30 just to hear her complain that she doesn't want to be there is much more painful :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: (She's 7, BTW)

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first RAP, super excited! Thinking Saturday but it can change to Sunday if I want better deals. When bringing a cooler for corals, do you use ice packs also? Can’t find an answer to this.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who’s going? I’m pretty excited for this.

Has anyone been to California RAP or any others for that matter? How is it? Any cool stories or things learned, cool coral bought? Good deal tips? Other general tips to get the most out of it?

My roommate, girlfriend, and I are going to go and try to find a couple real show pieces for the 300gallon since we’re finally getting stable and established after our first year of reefing. (15+ years of freshwater and ponds previously).

Hoping to meet some R2Reefers there!!!

EAD5A0B0-E91E-4D29-BDCD-EC3D7ED30B13.jpeg 32CE5338-DECB-464C-9405-67A75AA46857.jpeg 094A735D-C1D7-4EB5-9F3D-868EAE51376B.jpeg 4D85EA2E-694A-4A16-8E56-BD6808CFFAE8.jpeg

Going! This will be my first major trade show. Getting excited now that the time is almost here.

Hoping to get some deals during the last couple of hours of the show.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw for those saying they are low on funds right now. From what I saw on a video I watched, I’ll try to find it again, there’s tons of low cost deals too, like 4 for $80 and 5 for $100.

For any who have been before? How do the deals stack up against LFS, online ordering, or something I have no experience with is these sales that online sites promote on R2R. Been curious about those, the instructions on many of them seem complicated with “shipping modules” etc lol.

There's a ton of deals to be had during vendor live sales, but it's a 1-in-a-hundred type of shot. That trendy new acro might be $5, but the chances of actually checking out in the cart are slim to none.

At least in a show, you can shoot the **** with the vendors, build some rapport, and barter. Who knows, they might even give a deal or two. LFS's are good places to strike up a deal as well.

KK's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my first RAP, super excited! Thinking Saturday but it can change to Sunday if I want better deals. When bringing a cooler for corals, do you use ice packs also? Can’t find an answer to this.
Not needed if the cooler will be in an air-conditioned car and/or will be indoors with you at all times.

OSFF

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still deciding if I’d rather have first pick on Saturday morning or wait for the Sunday afternoon deals. Are the prices really that different on the second day to warrant waiting?

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooo good point I hadn't thought of this. Bring a cooler. Nice. Actually we have Tesla's so we can set the internal temperature of the car to 78 degrees lol.

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still deciding if I’d rather have first pick on Saturday morning or wait for the Sunday afternoon deals. Are the prices really that different on the second day to warrant waiting?
I'm a deal chaser, and I figure they are going to have so much stuff that I'm sure I'll still find plenty I'll love on Sunday. That's my thinking anyways. I'm going for more cheap stuff than expensive stuff. Cheap gems is my game!

OP
OP
Bitcoin Reefer

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone. I’ve got some Neon Green Kenya Tree frags I can give away for free, or would also be fun to trade if anyone has anything else they want to trade for them like Zoa Frags, Xenia, or whatever you have extra frags lying around :) reply here so I can find you at the show today :)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back