Great Move! Viva Texas!
1664560929210.png

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought dodging bullets, avoiding car jackings, running from armed robbers, etc... would make getting to the event in Chicago and leaving that much more memorable. Kind of like Escape From New York in reverse.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rap Chicago 2021 was my first reef show ever. Really enjoyed it, had a great time! Won't follow it to Texas tho, macna 2022 is in September and that for me will be a much better proposition.
Did you make it to MACNA. Haven't heard too many good things about it so far.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wanting to see RAP Chicago the last two years since my son is in Chicago. Two birds one stone. Now I can’t do both at once. Well, they still have Aquashella in Chicago. Could see that but from what I’ve read Aquashella is a far cry from a full fledged reef show.
I will find out this weekend. I've been to all 3 Aquashellla's in DFW and they were great, but I'm also into freshwater. I wish I new attendance numbers. No clue what RAP usually gets but I read somewhere that the 1st Aquashella here got somewhere around 6 to 7 thousand. I know when we had MACNA here that there was no where near those numbers. It is going to be interesting to see what kind of crowd there is for RAP. We have already had 6 frag swaps/shows here this year and the last couple were very low turnouts, excluding Aquashella. The last 2 the vendors were saying they might not sell enough to cover the cost of the booth. One of them I bought 20 raffle tickets and won 5 or 6 different prizes, and I never win anything. I think there were maybe 5 or 6 of us standing around listening to the raffle numbers.

Reefer Matt

Officially Official Account
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought dodging bullets, avoiding car jackings, running from armed robbers, etc... would make getting to the event in Chicago and leaving that much more memorable. Kind of like Escape From New York in reverse.
The event was never in Chicago. It was in Schaumburg IL, 30 miles NW of Chicago.

AretusJr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RAP-Moving-Chicago-to-Texas.jpg

A recent New York Times article ranked North Texas in the top 10 places people are moving to in 2021.

If you’re looking for an affordable, economically vibrant city then look no further than Dallas, Texas

Everyone’s moving to Texas including Reef-A-Palooza Chicago. After hosting the show for two years in the Windy City, we have decided to relocate from Chicago to Dallas, Texas starting in 2022.

The Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex area is home to many reef hobbyists that over the years have played a large part in building and promoting the reef hobby.

We are thrilled to announce that the show will be taking place on October 8 & 9, 2022 at the beautiful Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel & Convention Center.

Embassy Suites is conveniently located near Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW). With many convenient dinning and shopping options close by, it is just a short drive to Galleria Dallas, The Shops at Legacy, The Allen Premium Outlets and University of Texas at Dallas.

We are looking forward to seeing everyone next October in Dallas!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did, it was great, I'd go again
Glad you had a good time. I will never go to one again unless it is in Dallas/Austin/Houston. Just not worth the expense to me. I don't care about the manufacturers or the lectures unless they are able to get Scott Feldman to speak.

Back