Reef-A-Palooza Orlando 2020-Coronavirus (Covid-19)

Reef A Palooza Orlando

Reef-A-Palooza Orlando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The team at Reef-A-Palooza is taking the situation surrounding the coronavirus (Covid-19) very seriously. The continued health of our attendees, exhibitors and staff is our primary concern. Our Reef-A-Palooza Orlando preparations are going ahead as planned and should events change at any time in the future, we will update our exhibitors and attendees accordingly.The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is working proactively to provide the safest environment as possible for their guests and staff. The hotel has stringent cleaning protocols in place and has implemented additional steps to provide a safe environment. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the public meeting spaces. All high-touch areas (including public restrooms, elevator buttons, hand rails and door knobs) are receiving increased cleaning. The hotel’s staff is also being provided daily training on proper wellness and sanitation standards.You can obtain the latest information on the coronavirus (Covid-19) from the following official site:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am hoping that RAP-Orlando isn't cancelled as I enjoy going.

If it is cancelled, when will that decision be made?

PiggyPuffin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Florida Dept of Health will make that decision, hopefully based on science and reason, probably within a week. RAP won't do it proactively as they have monetary concerns, but AKC dog shows are already being cancelled across the country, Chicago/SF/NYC have already shut down large public gatherings. I'm surprised the Federal Government hasn't already done it.

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
me 2!!!! I have been waiting forever for this! I am going one way or another! This stuff will start to blow over soon. Plus its hot in FL. Will kill it off :)

Reef AquaCult

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The team at Reef-A-Palooza is taking the situation surrounding the coronavirus (Covid-19) very seriously. The continued health of our attendees, exhibitors and staff is our primary concern. Our Reef-A-Palooza Orlando preparations are going ahead as planned and should events change at any time in the future, we will update our exhibitors and attendees accordingly.The Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld is working proactively to provide the safest environment as possible for their guests and staff. The hotel has stringent cleaning protocols in place and has implemented additional steps to provide a safe environment. Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the public meeting spaces. All high-touch areas (including public restrooms, elevator buttons, hand rails and door knobs) are receiving increased cleaning. The hotel’s staff is also being provided daily training on proper wellness and sanitation standards.You can obtain the latest information on the coronavirus (Covid-19) from the following official site:

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
If you follow the link to the Florida recommendations, the CDC is recommending canceling gatherings of > 250 people, especially if it requires significant travel. Can you please clarify your decision making?

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it was suggested. not enforced though, not yet at least.
No need to do anything yet for something at end of April, specially with the temps here in Florida already getting hot. Heck it was nearly 90 degrees here in Jacksonville yesterday. Its going to start winding down. Im going to show regardless!!! So do not cancel :)

steallife904

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am by no means a scientist so no argument :). Because I cannot say what is right or not. Just thinking it out like the flu and have heard it like other viruses does not survive well when temps are over 70 degrees. Just thinking as it gets warmer it will start to get tougher for it to spread.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They just sent an email. Show is postponed.

To our Reef-A-Palooza Orlando Exhibitors and Guests,
Due to the recent recommendation by the CDC regarding mass gatherings, our team at Reef-A-Palooza Orlando has made the difficult decision to postpone the show on April 25 & 26, 2020.

We are working with the venue to set an alternate date for the show. All tickets and booth spaces purchased for the April show dates will be honored for the alternate date.

We appreciate your patience as our team works through the events. We will make a public announcement on our website and social media when the alternate show dates have been confirmed.

For those individuals with hotel reservations, please contact the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld regarding your booking.

We want to thank everyone for their understanding during this time. We thank you in advance for your patience as we will be doing all we can to ensure a smooth transition. Thank you for your support.
7f53ef06-6d67-42f2-9e16-9ae2dc66f2bc.jpg

Marlon C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny alot of you guys rather go get frags instead of helping curb the spread of the virus. I guess people have their priorities

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back